Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heating System airlocked

• 10-11-2019 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi.

This has me driven bonkers at this stage.

Mynute vokera boiler cuts out after about 5mins of running every single time. The boiler tries to fire up while running which is preceded by clicking noises which tells me it’s going to cut out.

The system is airlocked unfortunately. I’ve bleed every single radiator and the circulation pump on the boiler but no joy whatsoever. It’s such a pain in the backside. The boiler is about 15 years old.

I’m wondering if I should change it for a combi boiler but I’d rather not face that expense now. I had a guy service it last year but nothing seems to sort it. The guy who serviced it said you could spend days trying to get it out of the system with no guarantee it will fix it.

Has anybody else fixed something like this?

Edit; just watched another YouTube video and it’s definitely the boiler, but don’t know exactly what the problem is, could be the heat exchanger is clogged, the air flow switch could be the problem who knows.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

You need to get a Registered Gas Installer out to correctly diagnose the problem, as its illegal for any person, other than an RGI to work on gas appliances.
    In saying that, it didn't sound like the previous person knew what they were looking at.

Advertisement