Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Man City, 4:30pm, Sky Sports Main Event

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

A VAR official has just handed Liverpool the league title

Absolutely insane scenes here

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

The ball to Robbo and the ball from Robbo are 2 of the best long balls you'll see all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Ha, city by far the better team and Liverpool absolutely mugging them cause their defence is muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Is the official Martin Atkinson after that petition. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

hahahahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Genuinely thought his knee was off.

I think it was Stones in the middle, I thought it was onside - only seen it twice though.

It was checked ( so you have to trust them :pac: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Bridge93 wrote: »
    It hits Silva’s arm from about half a yard away off a ricochet. TAA’s arm is out and if travels to hit it

That doesn’t matter. VAR rules state that if the attacker gains an advantage it doesn’t matter if the hand ball is accidental or not. We saw it with city earlier in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Me too. Felt sure of it, but given the one yesterday it mustn't have been. Eager to see the image of it all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Some 15mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

The lack of consistency is mind-boggling.

I've no issue with those decisions in isolation, but having seen some of the other calls VAR has made this year - I would have put my house on both of those goals being overturned.

I think it was Stones in the middle, I thought it was onside - only seen it twice though.

His armpits are smaller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Same but it's probably just the angle of the replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Yeh 100% looking forward to seeing the lines. Was betweens Stones shoulder and Salah knee

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

De Bruyne is having a mare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

City are boxing Liverpool in well.

They are playing good despite the scoreline

• Advertisement

fullstop wrote: »
    That doesn’t matter. VAR rules state that if the attacker gains an advantage it doesn’t matter if the hand ball is accidental or not. We saw it with city earlier in the season.

Saw it at Old Trafford where it hit Mane knee onto his hand and goal was ruled out

All that is needed now is for Liverpool to get a penalty awarded by VAR from a Mane incident that could be seen as a dive,

I think Pep would combust!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Overrule that one!!!!!

Left arm offside.

Good job it wasn't Origi or his 'you know what' would have been offside!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What ever happened to winning a league title the right way - Scoring 95th minute winners in matches where you should only have had 2 minutes added on.

Game's gone to sh*te.

All that is needed now is for Liverpool to get a penalty awarded by VAR from a Mane incident that could be seen as a dive,

I think Pep would combust!

Everybody would combust** :pac:

• Advertisement

Why sure it hit the Man City hand 1st
    If it was ruled out on that basis, surely it would be 0-0 with a free out for Liverpool then though right? Liverpool don't get a free pass on one before the build up for their attack, because City should have given a free kick beforehand right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Far from over!

Ah cmon. Cant see Pool opened up twice now. At least not without City overdoing it attacking and then getting eviscerated on the counter.

Drop the underdog status

Interesting to see will Liverpool fans think Fabinho should be booked cause they cry about Fernandinho doing those tackles :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

City could easily get 2 tbf, but 2 without reply is another thing.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

CSF wrote: »
    If it was ruled out on that basis, surely it would be 0-0 with a free out for Liverpool then though right? Liverpool don't get a free pass on one before the build up for their attack, because City should have given a free kick beforehand right?

Don't be making VAR confusing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Oat23 wrote: »
    What ever happened to winning a league title the right way - Scoring 95th minute winners in matches where you should only have had 2 minutes added on.

Game's gone to sh*te.

Fcuking LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

It is CLEARLY a handball by Bernardo Silva before it hits Alexander's hand. That's why it wasn't a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

City are able to get behind Liverpool at set pieces with troubling ease

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Don't be making VAR confusing :pac:

Oh it ain't confusing...just terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

You ever hear of playing advantage. What advantage would it be bringing it back.

• Advertisement

VAR makes VAR confusing tbh.

Why would they pull play back 60 seconds for a free out? That would be beyond ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Man City butchering there chances while Liverpool convert.

Definitely getting the rub of the green on the decisions though.

Only Leicester could possibly catch Liverpool now but realistically the title race is over. Looks like only the relegation battle will be interesting.

Thidp wrote: »
    It is CLEARLY a handball by Bernardo Silva before it hits Alexander's hand. That's why it wasn't a penalty.

Yeah, so come back for the free out. Having advantage doesn't allow a handball by the liverpool player stand

Thidp wrote: »

Yes it wasnt a penalty but it hits TAAs arm and that begins the lead up to a goal - which the rules state is not allowed

pjohnson wrote: »
    VAR makes VAR confusing tbh.

Well. The EPL’s implementation of it for sure. Don’t know why they couldn’t have just done it the same as everywhere else in Europe.

niallo27 wrote: »
    You ever hear of playing advantage. What advantage would it be bringing it back.
    Ok, but if Liverpool are allowed play advantage, they've given away a penalty while doing so for Trent's handball. So surely the smart decision for the referee is to conclude that Liverpool gained no advantage and give a free out.

I think the ref concluded that Trent's handball didn't constitute a penalty, which is nuts.

Why would they pull play back 60 seconds for a free out? That would be beyond ridiculous.

How far back did they go to rule out McGoldricks goal?

See VAR has never had any consistency. It has stupidly rewound way back too far for other incidents this year tbh.

niallo27 wrote: »

Advantage be over when it hit TAAs arm. Have the free out, no issues. Allow a team gain a further advantage is just ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Yes it wasnt a penalty but it hits TAAs arm and that begins the lead up to a goal - which the rules state is not allowed

So free kick for Liverpool for handball,...?:confused:

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah, so come back for the free out. Having advantage doesn't allow a handball by the liverpool player stand

The ref played on VAR stayed with the on field decision can't it back then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

klose wrote: »
    Fcuking LOL

Has any research been done into that though? I wouldn't know from memory, but I suspect at least one of United's titles was won on points picked up from jammy injury time winners scored long after the whistle would have gone in a game being played by any other team.

It's not just because of who's playing today but VAR is ruining the EPL. Refs told to use pitch side monitors but we haven't seen one doing it.
    The armpit excuse has to be the worst yet in a growing list of bizarre decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Just turned on. Why the constant booing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Interesting to see will Liverpool fans think Fabinho should be booked cause they cry about Fernandinho doing those tackles :pac:

Defo should have been yellow. Referees are a joke in the PL.

• Advertisement

Because its in relation to the penalty decision, which came before the goal. So should be judged completely before moving onto judging the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

So the VAR man can play VAR advantage now? Interesting stuff

I fear for Angelino’s safety at half time, he is surely being murdered by Pep

pjohnson wrote: »
    How far back did they go to rule out McGoldricks goal?

See VAR has never had any consistency. It has stupidly rewound way back too far for other incidents this year tbh.

About 6 seconds? Didn’t time it. But it was the same attack. And it was also ridiculous.

So free kick for Liverpool for handball,...?:confused:

That is what makes the decision tough, what do you do? The scenario should have been talked about when making the rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Oat23 wrote: »
    Has any research been done into that though? I wouldn't know from memory, but I suspect at least one of United's titles was won on points picked up from jammy injury time winners scored long after the whistle would have gone in a game being played by any other team.

I think that was the season Owen scored against City

• Advertisement
Advertisement