Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Man City, 4:30pm, Sky Sports Main Event

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

niallo27 wrote: »
    Ya he has destroyed him, final ball letting him down.

I personally think TAA could really play in midfield or as a right winger. His defense is suspect but he is glorious going forward and in the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Sterling looked a child beside Gomez there :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Update:

mucf.tv staff moonlighting as the Sky Sports commentators are STILL whinging about the TAA handball that wasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What way do you see it going? I reckon Liverpool will win the midfield battle. Fancy a strong performance from Fabinho. I don't trust City with that backline and Bravo in goal.

3-1 Liverpool.

tenor.gif?itemid=13746703

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well deserved win there for liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Pep letting himself down there

"Thank You so much, thank you so much" - to Michael Oliver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Clown, sort defenders out and do your job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Pep is such a child sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Pep doesn't really came across very well...think its a Barcelona thing, terrible winners and even worse losers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I'm sure some neutrals still feel like losers today despite their team winning earlier lol.

Pep was classless at the end of that match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

To be fair, Sterling has ran rings around TAA
    I'm wondering if Henderson had a knock because he was providing good support to him, think the balance tipped towards city once he went off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I know this may seem crazy.

But does anyone else think we actually haven't peaked at all this season. (pool)

Football is strange.

Get the **** in!

Someone check on Pep to see he hasn't completed melted down :eek:

6 wrote: »
    Get the **** in!

Someone check on Pep to see he hasn't completed melted down :eek:

I think days like this show why the FA decided to centralise that VAR room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

What specifically was he peeved about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭xabi

A hand ball that wasn’t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

injustice

He was banging on about the two penalties on the sideline near the end, can only imagine that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

City should feel aggrieved about the first goal,

forgive the pun but after the incident take things into your own hands - they had ample opportunities to stop the resulting goal.

Watch the replay and see Fabinho walking forward, on his own towards that ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I know it’s part of the game but I don’t like Geoff Shreeves. Goading Pep into have a meltdown about ref. I’m not Peps biggest fan but glad he didn’t take the bait. He showed some class to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Drumpot wrote: »
    I know it’s part of the game but I don’t like Geoff Shreeves. Goading Pep into have a meltdown about ref. I’m not Peps biggest fan but glad he didn’t take the bait. He showed some class to be fair

That's his job to get it out of him, that's what he is paid to do.

I don't like Shreeves either,

However Pep showed a complete lack of class with his antics on the sideline towards the 4th official and on the pitch at the end towards Oliver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Shreeves is a snake and always has been.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    That's his job to get it out of him, that's what he is paid to do.

I know it’s his job but it doesn’t excuse the horrible nature of it to create a problem for a manager. Being a c*nt is being a c*nt even if your job is to be a c*nt. ;)

I know it’s his job but it doesn’t excuse the horrible nature of it to create a problem for a manager. Being a c*nt is being a c*nt even if your job is to be a c*nt. ;)

True I totally agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'm wondering if Henderson had a knock because he was providing good support to him, think the balance tipped towards city once he went off

Ill all week

That Shreeves and Sky. They are just looking for a headline. Tabloid journalism.

6 wrote: »
    That Shreeves and Sky. They are just looking for a headline. Tabloid journalism.

Yep, Its sun newspaper level journalism

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭tinpib

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Shreeves is a snake and always has been.

Des Kelly on BT Sport seems very likeable, Klopp seems to like him anyway. He seems to be a genuine guy not trying to provoke a negative reaction, he seems to focus on the good things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly can't see the fuss about the first goal. The ball comes off Silva's hand clearly before hitting TAA's.

Under the current interpretation of the handball rule an attacker can't gain an advantage from any kind of handball. Silva handles the ball, so what happens after that is moot.

Honestly can't see the fuss about the first goal. The ball comes off Silva's hand clearly before hitting TAA's.

Under the current interpretation of the handball rule an attacker can't gain an advantage from any kind of handball. Silva handles the ball, so what happens after that is moot.

Ya I agree and when was the last time a pen was given for a handball like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Clown, sort defenders out and do your job.

The defenders HE spent 155m on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Be that as it may but the play should have being stopped for a review and In that case a free out.

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Be that as it may but the play should have being stopped for a review and In that case a free out.

But the review was for the penalty and they came to the conclusion the ref didnt make a mistake so they kept with the onfield decision. Why would they stop the play for a review, that's now how it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Quite enjoyed kompany's view on the match he comes across as quite an intelligent guy. That side of jose and kompany are much easier to listen to than the ledt of keane and souness.

I mean with shreeves, it's part of his job so dont mind him, if your a clued in manager you handle it like pep did.

Speaking about pep though, you cant be shouting at offcials like that, shouting at an official on the sideline when its the one on the pitch making the decision is not on. I know klopp does it as well. Only two in the league that do it. Then again, in saying that, there the only two teams going head to head for the title so can see how they get worked up.

UrbanFret wrote: »

Why ball did not go out of play or the ref blow a whistle, why change that now, since that has never happened at all under VAR, reviews have taken place as play continues, until the ball either goes out of play or the ref has blown a whistle. The ref was happy it was not a handball by either play waved play on as VAR had a review and VAR followed the on field call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Livarpool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Nothing said about Aguero in all of it. The ball actually drops at his feet and instead of playing on he appeals for a penalty and turns looking for the ref! Completely ignoring the chance to have a strike at goal! Crazy. First rule: play the whistle

• Advertisement

• Think the result was always going Liverpools way regardless of the VAR ****e

Got a kick out of seeing Pep get next level Triggered though

Jose did too it seemed :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

tinpib wrote: »
    Des Kelly on BT Sport seems very likeable, Klopp seems to like him anyway. He seems to be a genuine guy not trying to provoke a negative reaction, he seems to focus on the good things.

I think its really just a Sky thing, I remember another Sky employee that did the pitch side interviews Andy Burton and he was another pest, he was there around 2010 I remember him trying to provoke Kenny Dalglish when he was back at Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

pjohnson wrote: »
    3 - 0

Be hard for Liverpool to come back now.

Bravo has rapidly declined from what I remember.

Rent free... and you don't even realise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

jbt123 wrote: »
    Rent free... and you don't even realise it.

Because I was watching the only 4pm football match :pac:

Is it strictly forbidden to watch the televised game or something?

Or did you just try to be funny and not think it through?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Q

Speaking about pep though, you cant be shouting at offcials like that, shouting at an official on the sideline when its the one on the pitch making the decision is not on. I know klopp does it as well.

Hopefully Pep's pestering will prove just as inspirational to the great football humorists:P
    e7f027a8a6e04409be4e52eb81088356.jpg?v=1571754260

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Livarpool

w6x8g.jpg

Because I was watching the only 4pm football match :pac:

Is it strictly forbidden to watch the televised game or something?

Or did you just try to be funny and not think it through?

Not trying to be humorous whatsoever. I rarely post in the soccer forum. Now I'm not 100% sure of this but I have a vague recollection of some post(s) by your good self, in a thread mentioning the not so hilarious 'rent free' regarding where fans minds are.

When the Pool are 3-0 up and you can't see a way back for them then someone is inside your head, and they're probably squatting for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

does anyone know what happen to VAR at this game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

jbt123 wrote: »
    Not trying to be humorous whatsoever. I rarely post in the soccer forum. Now I'm not 100% sure of this but I have a vague recollection of some post(s) by your good self, in a thread mentioning the not so hilarious 'rent free' regarding where fans minds are.

When the Pool are 3-0 up and you can't see a way back for them then someone is inside your head, and they're probably squatting for the foreseeable future.

No they arent in my head they are in the thread claiming to be the underdog...........my head isnt the thread, its just about reading the thread.

• Advertisement

No they arent in my head they are in the thread claiming to be the underdog...........my head isnt the thread, its just about reading the thread.

That sentence obviously makes sense to you, I however dont understand what you mean.

Your head is shred in the thread... that makes sense to me.

Advertisement