Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Man City, 4:30pm, Sky Sports Main Event

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

jbt123 wrote: »
    That sentence obviously makes sense to you, I however dont understand what you mean.

Your head is shred in the thread... that makes sense to me.

Right. Well you tried your best anyway. Youre a bit too late to that part of the convo anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

pjohnson wrote: »
    Right. Well you tried your best anyway. Youre a bit too late to that part of the convo anyway.

My apologies for being late to the 'convo'... I'm about to sit down to a very late Sunday dinner soon.. I'm not sure should I put salt on it at all... perhaps I will, one can never get enough of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

jbt123 wrote: »
    My apologies for being late to the 'convo'... I'm about to sit down to a very late Sunday dinner soon.. I'm not sure should I put salt on it at all... perhaps I will, one can never get enough of it.

Are you now trying to say I'm salty :pac: christ your bad at this. Enjoy your dinner lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

pjohnson wrote: »
    Are you now trying to say I'm salty :pac:

Better that than being bitter 😊 .. Unless one is drinking gin... 😂...

You're probably a good sort in real life.

A good evening to you sir... and all belonging to you.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I can't understand you guys sometimes. You have a team in their absolute prime with an 8 point lead over teams struggling for consistency and you still want to claim to be underdogs. Do you honestly not believe the title in not going to liverpool or do you think somehow you will blow a massive lead cos none of the teams behind you are going to win all their remaining games?

Are you deliberately missing the point? I don't think there are any (or many at least) Liverpool fans who would not say that Liverpool are decent favourites to win the league now. That is a world of difference from what loads of non-Liverpool fans are doing now though in saying that it is done and dusted, no team could possibly lose it from here. There are 26 games left, more than 2/3 of the season. City in the last few seasons have gone on 18 and and 15 (I think) match winning runs. If they did 15 in a row again this season and Liverpool in those 15 games drew 2 and lost 1, City would be 2 points behind.

That is hardly an outlandish scenario. Liverpool are clearly favourites, but as we saw last season, when (mostly utd) fans did the same when Liverpool were 7 points clear with 14 games left to play and finished a point short, it's all just setting it up for the lols if Liverpool don't win it. What's wrong with saying "Liverpool are strong favourites now" rather that "it;s all over, no way anyone else wins other than Liverpool". The whole thing is pretty damn transparent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I can't understand you guys sometimes. You have a team in their absolute prime with an 8 point lead over teams struggling for consistency and you still want to claim to be underdogs. Do you honestly not believe the title in not going to liverpool or do you think somehow you will blow a massive lead cos none of the teams behind you are going to win all their remaining games?

"Underdogs"....? We're "underdogs" now? Who the hell claimed Liverpool were "underdogs"? Lloyd's post certainly didn't, so you must have picked it up from somewhere.

If Liverpool don't win it, you'll probably be the first one in here claiming that Liverpool fans were "convinced they had the thing wrapped up back in November"!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement