Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it worthwhile complaining about a Garda?

• 10-11-2019 5:04pm

Hi Folks,

Had a run in with the Gardai not too long ago. They attended a call I made to a station and showed up. Won't give specific details on a public forum of course, but felt the Gardai that attended were shoddy at best, and had no interest in doing their job.

(the gist of it is that if they had actually enforced a fairly basic law, the call would have probably been a bit more awkward for them, so they instead effectively just took an easier approach which unfortunately made a tit out of me and was fairly blatantly showing no interest in upholding the law).

I realise that reads a bit odd, but like I say, don't want to get too into it on here.

What I'm more interested in, is if it's actually worth my while making a proper complaint at my local station (which, for clarity, is not the station where the Gardai were based at where i had the issue). If I make a complaint is it a case of Supt. John telling Garda Mike 'Ah now, don't be at it, ya wee scallywag" or does it actually get taken seriously?

I'd rather not bother with GSOC as I made a complaint via them before over something completely unrelated and my complaint seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. So I reckon my local station is probably a safer bet?

Is it the kind of thing that varies from station to station, or is it a pretty universal approach where it's logged in a computer system and has to follow set procedure til it's wrapped up?

Do I, the whinger, get to hear of any outcome?

Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers in advance :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod:

This isn't a Garda recruitment issue.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement