Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2020

Options
  • 10-11-2019 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Anyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Vaquita

Congratulations!

My due date is end of June so might be in this group if I go over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

Yep baby 2, going for early scan in 2 weeks. Congrats btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Congratulations!!!

Just got my pregnancy confirmed. First baby.
    I am due in last week of July 2020 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Congratulations 😠Im due 2nd baby at end of July. Was deffo a surprise. Took me nearly 3 years to conceive on first baby and this time we weren't even trying. But over the moon with the news!!

What sort of symptoms are you all having? I'm very anxious as I don't have any symptoms at all really except tiredness. Have early scan booked for next week so hopefully all is ok!

Boop22 wrote: »
    Congratulations 😠Im due 2nd baby at end of July. Was deffo a surprise. Took me nearly 3 years to conceive on first baby and this time we weren't even trying. But over the moon with the news!!

What sort of symptoms are you all having? I'm very anxious as I don't have any symptoms at all really except tiredness. Have early scan booked for next week so hopefully all is ok!

Congrats!

My wife is similar to you, she gets tired too but no morning sickness or anything at all really, the early scan definitely helped put our minds at ease as she has been feeling so good, just hearing the heartbeat was amazing.

Best of luck with it all.

• Advertisement

Hey,
    Congratulations :)

I am due in last week of July. First baby. I am having morning sickness daily, but people suggested to eat regular small snacks which seems to be helping me.

Did you go through GP to book your scan? I am anxious to get scan done and visiting my GP on Monday. I really hope he books a scan for me.

Boop22 wrote: »

What about an early scan? We got one on the first and now the 2nd, was great peace of mind, it’s €100 but I think it was worth it myself.

Thank you, do I need GP referral to get this scan done?
    Sono wrote: »
    What about an early scan? We got one on the first and now the 2nd, was great peace of mind, it’s €100 but I think it was worth it myself.

Thank you, do I need GP referral to get this scan done?

No referral required.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

GP will not refer for scans.
    There are private clinics you can contact yourself if you want a scan before 12 weeks, or outside of hospital appointments.

• Advertisement

Thank you Shesty.

As a public patient, are we entitled for scans at any particular weeks?
    shesty wrote: »
    GP will not refer for scans.
    There are private clinics you can contact yourself if you want a scan before 12 weeks, or outside of hospital appointments.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yes there is a schedule.If you go to your GP around now, they will register you for free combined care with the hospital you chose.So you will get appointments btween the gp and the hospital.Roughly I think its a booking appointment at 12 weeks at your hospital, a 16 week GP appointment, an anomaly scan at 20-24 weeks in the hospital, and then GP qt 26 weeks, hospital 32 weeks, GP 34weeks, hospital 36weeks, GP 38 weeks then hospital 39, 40, 41 weeks.Very roughly, that is the schedule of free appointments, you may have more if you have problems or something that needs monitoring.Also not all hospitals do the anomaly scan as standard, I would strongly suggest getting it privately if yours doesn't.Whether you get a scan at each of the other hospital appointments seems to depend on which hospital you are with.Some do a quick one each time, some don't.

There is also a Domino scheme, which is midwife-only care.Not all hospitals run these, and not all patients qualify for them (criteria would be how high risk your pregnancy is).Your hospital can explain that if you would like to consider it.

Thank you Shesty.

We have registered with our GP for combined care and meeting him again on Monday. Hopefully I will get this schedule.

Is it possible to choose a specific consultant even if you're going through public route?

Em, I don't think so, no.Although possibly if you knew the days a consultant was doing the public appointments, you could just ask for your appointments to be on those days.Ask when you get in if that would be possible, but generally no, you just get whoever is on duty on your appointment day.

Thought will update other girls here.

Morning sickness is over now and belly is slightly getting bigger :)

How are you all feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shinywhiny

Just saying hello, I'm 17 weeks now and due July 16th but know I have to have a section so will be more like July 2nd according to the consultant. Belly really starting to grow now!

Hey
    Congratulations!
    I am due in end of July. Bit of belly is visible now.

shinywhiny wrote: »
    Just saying hello, I'm 17 weeks now and due July 16th but know I have to have a section so will be more like July 2nd according to the consultant. Belly really starting to grow now!

Attended the first antenatal class yesterday. It was excellent with experienced midwives.
    Discussed what to expect in coming weeks. Next session they will show around the hospital and discuss pain management options.

Getting my growth scan done at the end of May.
    Anyone who had one done recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Getting my growth scan done at the end of May.
    Anyone who had one done recently?

I’ve mine start of June - will be 34 weeks. Is it standard do you know? I know at the start of the pregnancy they said that there would be one because I have two out of seven risk factors for haemochromtis (or something like that). It’s new enough as I didn’t have it on my last in 2016

• Advertisement

Yes, it's standard. At 32 weeks it's growth scan.
    Then another scan at 36-38 weeks.

How are you feeling these days?
    eimaj18 wrote: »
    I’ve mine start of June - will be 34 weeks. Is it standard do you know? I know at the start of the pregnancy they said that there would be one because I have two out of seven risk factors for haemochromtis (or something like that). It’s new enough as I didn’t have it on my last in 2016

Advertisement