Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gravel Front Driveway Rough price

Options
  • 10-11-2019 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for ballpark figure to break up a driveway (mixture of concrete and graveled area/plants old style) and put down modern gravel and possibly 10/12 small paving slabs to compliment it. The type seen in front modern gardens? Dublin based.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Ton of gravel about €80. Ton of sand about €50.

https://www.thepatiocentre.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Ton of gravel about €80. Ton of sand about €50.

https://www.thepatiocentre.com/

Thank you. Cheap enough. What would a private company charge typically to do this type of work? Tks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Think of the heartache you’ll have picking up the stones outside your house and the trail along the road from Driving in and out.

I personally hate gravel driveways. I was in a small estate the other day in north county Dublin. Brand new €1m homes. Complete gravel driveway.

I asked the owner how tour gona push tour buggy through the gravel? Never mind a wheelchair or someone using a walking aid.

They didn’t comply with the building regulations but that’s another story for another thread.

I did it myself. Very easy to do. I love my gravel driveway, a quick rake every now and again and it's like new.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

kceire wrote: »
    Think of the heartache you’ll have picking up the stones outside your house and the trail along the road from Driving in and out.

I personally hate gravel driveways. I was in a small estate the other day in north county Dublin. Brand new €1m homes. Complete gravel driveway.

I asked the owner how tour gona push tour buggy through the gravel? Never mind a wheelchair or someone using a walking aid.

They didn’t comply with the building regulations but that’s another story for another thread.
    I've often wondered about that, some really nice houses have this and the gravel doesn't seen to shift, almost like it's a top coat glued down to concrete or something. Any idea of this process? It's definitely not just throwing down a load of stones which would be a nightmare for your driveway.

• Advertisement

I have absolutely no issues with my gravel driveway of 25 years. Can't recommend it enough.

Advertisement