Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many gardai are recruited every campaign?

• 11-11-2019 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I read about the workforce plan to bring the numbers up to 15,000 by 2021, so far it's at just over 14,000. How many do they recruit every campaign? Just trying to figure out if they're going to recruit again next year :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dean2020

Yes their recruitment every year up until 2021 that's the last recruitment drive l say for a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cherrywoodgirl

Upthefey wrote: »
    I read about the workforce plan to bring the numbers up to 15,000 by 2021, so far it's at just over 14,000. How many do they recruit every campaign? Just trying to figure out if they're going to recruit again next year :)

I wondered this too! Like do they just take in one batch of people each year? I seen 169 finished in templemore on friday, surely there must be more than that they take on at one time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I wondered this too! Like do they just take in one batch of people each year? I seen 169 finished in templemore on friday, surely there must be more than that they take on at one time?

Not everyone taken on makes it to graduation. I have never been a member or have knowledge of AGS training but any course I have been on has always had some fall out. Some dont have the academic capability, some cant make the family commitment and some get in and realise it is something totally different.

Its only two years training but I imagine your first posting outside of Templemore sorts the wheat from the chaff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,423 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

201 Gardai passed out on Friday....

https://www.thejournal.ie/new-garda-recruits-5016500-Feb2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Shaneoohh

I think it’s nearly 700 a year split into intakes of roughly 200

• Advertisement
Advertisement