Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

84X Question

Options
  • 11-11-2019 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭

Hi all - Dublin Bus timetable has the 84X as taking 70 minutes to get from Greystones to the last stop (Hawkins Street/Eden Quay). How reliable is that if you were getting on at Greystones at 7am?

Also, I believe this is moving to Bus Connects as the 301, but route will remain unchanged. When is this change happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The bus connects thing will probably be in about 6 or 9 months if not more

Morning commutes can be unpredictable in the winter.

Sometimes if the weather is relatively good and there is no N11 accidents it would be reliable.

If there is heavy rain Kids who might normally walk to school get a lift and an accident is more likely on the N11.

So it could be 70 minutes and it could be upto 100.

The worst thing that 84x commuters regularly complain about is evening commutes back. Often commuters who live in Foxrock, Stillorgan, Cornelscourt use the 84x Southbound in the evenings and this means that Nth Wicklow commuters cant get on quite often.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Latest BusConnects plan has the 84X becoming routes 301 (from Kilcoole) and 302 (from Newcastle). 302 will run via Cherrywood. These will be peak only services, so the mid-morning 84Xs will be gone, but who knows really, there's a long way to go with BusConnects and the changes won't be happening until 2021 at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Any plans for extending later services with either the 301 or 302

ballyargus wrote: »
    Any plans for extending later services with either the 301 or 302

I doubt it to be honest. What do you mean by later?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Hi all - Dublin Bus timetable has the 84X as taking 70 minutes to get from Greystones to the last stop (Hawkins Street/Eden Quay). How reliable is that if you were getting on at Greystones at 7am?

Also, I believe this is moving to Bus Connects as the 301, but route will remain unchanged. When is this change happening?

Which bus stop? The 06:50 at Stop 4284, across from Mooch, should have you in town for 08:11. That would be the 06:53 from stop 4295 (Roches store, Blacklion) which appears to get me in usually around between 08:20-08:35. So more like 80-95 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I doubt it to be honest. What do you mean by later?

Adiitional service at 1930 & 2030

ballyargus wrote: »
    Adiitional service at 1930 & 2030

Very very doubtful

But you can ask for it

They take submissiins until Dec 3rd

https://busconnects.ie/contact-us/

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement