Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Elegance and Maxi Cosi adaptors

Options
  • 11-11-2019 11:42am

Quick question, that hopefully has a quick answer

We were given a second hand Baby Elegance pram/buggy from a friend of ours.
    Perfect condition. Very grateful
    We were also given two maxi cosi car seat type carriers, including the iso-fix box.
    The problem we have, is that the maxi cosi doesn't attach to the pram.
    So if we want to bring the baby for a walk somewhere, we need to put the baby into the Maxi Cosi to put it in the car. We need to bring the Baby Elegance buggy in the boot.
    Then when we get where we are going, move the baby from the maxi cosi into the baby Elegance carrier.
    It's a real minor issue, but if anyone knows about adaptors, it would be great.
    They seem to exist, but I dont know if it's a one size fits all. Will this adaptor allow us to connect any maxi cosi carriers to any Baby Elegance buggies?

As we were given the buggy and the maxi cosi we dont have the exact model names.
    Happy to buy an adaptor, but they're €55, and my main fear, is that we buy the wrong one.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Sprites

Quick question, that hopefully has a quick answer

We were given a second hand Baby Elegance pram/buggy from a friend of ours.
    Perfect condition. Very grateful
    We were also given two maxi cosi car seat type carriers, including the iso-fix box.
    The problem we have, is that the maxi cosi doesn't attach to the pram.
    So if we want to bring the baby for a walk somewhere, we need to put the baby into the Maxi Cosi to put it in the car. We need to bring the Baby Elegance buggy in the boot.
    Then when we get where we are going, move the baby from the maxi cosi into the baby Elegance carrier.
    It's a real minor issue, but if anyone knows about adaptors, it would be great.
    They seem to exist, but I dont know if it's a one size fits all. Will this adaptor allow us to connect any maxi cosi carriers to any Baby Elegance buggies?

As we were given the buggy and the maxi cosi we dont have the exact model names.
    Happy to buy an adaptor, but they're €55, and my main fear, is that we buy the wrong one.

Thanks

When I bought adaptors they were specific to the brand of pushchair we owned.

I would call Baby Elegance or better still visit a nursery store with your car seat and pushchair and you will be certain everything fits before you buy.

Sprites wrote: »
    When I bought adaptors they were specific to the brand of pushchair we owned.

I would call Baby Elegance or better still visit a nursery store with your car seat and pushchair and you will be certain everything fits before you buy.

Thanks. My wife rang Baby Elegance yesterday, and it seems our buggy is not being made anymore.
    Looks like its going to be a struggle to get the adaptors.
    Probably better off buying a second hand maxi-cosi buggy/pram

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭odonopenmic

Or second hand adapters? We found stuff very easily on Adverts. People sell on so much stuff and I'd imagine the adapters will be a fraction of the cost of a second hand pram. Incidentally, we needed adapters for our second hand pram anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I ws able to get a second hand isofix base for baby elegance on adverts for cheap enough, so worth a look!

Advertisement