Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa in Merchants Quay or Mahon Point

Options
  • 11-11-2019 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, we normally take the kids to one of the Santa Experiences around, but have found them increasingly poor value in recent years and the kids aren't really into them enough to justify the cost. So instead this year, I am thinking of bringing them to a free/low cost santa and the cinema instead. Wonder has anyone been to the santa at either Merchants Quay or Mahon Point? Are you likely to have a very long wait on a Saturday or Sunday? I would prefer MQ as I'm not a big fan of Mahon S/C but would go there if the Santa was better. Would welcome any opinions or experiences!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

I wouldn't have a clue about Santa but I imagine like anything at the weekend, go early (if they're open). My missus waits until lunchtime to go shopping on a weekend, and is then baffled and irritated by crowds! I did my Christmas shopping last year in less than an hour and was home for 1030...all about timing in places like the two you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭MrDerp

I wouldn't have a clue about Santa but I imagine like anything at the weekend, go early (if they're open). My missus waits until lunchtime to go shopping on a weekend, and is then baffled and irritated by crowds! I did my Christmas shopping last year in less than an hour and was home for 1030...all about timing in places like the two you mentioned.

Exactly this. We spent a few Saturdays and Sundays just going into town at 16.30 and doing an hours shopping, having agreed in advance where we were going.

If the wife had her way we’d be going in at 13.30 with no lunch in our belly, wandering aimless looking for inspiration for 1 and a half hours, then walking in and out of cafes looking for lunch but stopping nowhere because everywhere ‘looks manky’ - yeah, lunch rush hour started 3 hours ago and they haven’t had time to clean.

Advertisement