Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics forum

Options
  • 11-11-2019 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭

The moderation is poor quite frankly.
    The standard has dropped to the point where a few trolls have free reign to shut down any discussion they don't like.

Several times now I've been trolled, flagged it and had nothing happen. Then when you try to query their reasoning or keep it on topic a mod comes in with an all party in-thread warning. Either way the trolls succeed in shutting down the line of discussion.

Are there any admins available to look into this?

Not to mention my other post in here regarding the Mods allowing accusations of lying despite it going against charter.

If the forum is f***ed for one reason or another, fair enough. At least then we can stop treating it like a politics discussion forum and leave it to fester.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,023 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

One of these trolls you mentioned was boasting about his previous accounts on a thread, and when asked who they were subsequently I was carded, despite the re-reg animating the topic himself and implying that previous accounts were not closed for anonymity (so I asked who these accounts were to establish this claim). We've seen as posters numerous accounts pop up in politics over the years who indeed seem to be a handful of the same people, sometimes self-admittedly, other times because of the telltales (the 5th account extolling the role-model principles and virtues of human-rights abuser Singapore, or the same off-color remarks that normally punctuate the start of a rebuttal). I realize Boards can't alienate legitimate new users but there is not a balance here between the extremes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement