Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais

Options
  • 11-11-2019 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Recently moved here and having while issues paying gas and electricity for Bord Gais. And I don't mean financial issues.

First of all, set up with Bord Gais and informed on the phone that direct debits were all set up. 87 euro a month for gas and I think roughly the same for electricity. Just moved from London where we were paying £40 per month for gas and electricity. No worries, it'll balance out once readings are in I thought.

Fast forward two months to receiving a letter (no email, phonecall etc) saying we are about to get cut of as we owe over 500 euro. Some sort of deposit thing? Told them I had set up a direct debit to be told I hadn't. Ok, we go again. Set up a DD for gas and electricity. They removed the deposit (what is this?).

Fast forward another month and I'm keeping an eye on things now (was busy getting married during the first phase). No payment taken out for electricity. Rang again, turns out they had only set up a DD for gas. Got that sorted out I think.

On their website you can submit a gas reading but not an electricity reading? What's that about? I texted the number with the reading 2 weeks ago. No reply, no revised bill. What does everyone else do? Two different figures have been paid for electricity, not sure if a DD is set up although I can see a discount for DD :D

This is more of a rant than anything else, but is the another supplier that makes things easy for you, i.e. an app to enter your readings etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can give electricity readings to ESB Networks regardless of supplier. This is often easier as it only needs the MRPN and not an account number also

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

L1011 wrote: »
    You can give electricity readings to ESB Networks regardless of supplier. This is often easier as it only needs the MRPN and not an account number also

Good man, found the website there.

Advertisement