Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman - are they really this incompetent?

Options
  • 11-11-2019 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Bought a tumble dryer with the extended warranty. Something went wrong. Called the number and arranged the call out. Engineer came out and diagnosed a known fault and said a replacement would be supplied. All looking very straightforward so far.

The way it works is the store that originally supplied it gets the first chance to supply the new model. Now the model I had isn't available in the shop I bought it in (lets call them A)....so it'll be supplied by another store (B) - no big deal - I don't care where it comes from.

So i rang Store A and they said they'd sort it all out with Store B and Store B would call me the next day. No call came. I rang store B and they didn't know what I was talking about. Rang store A - all very apologetic and they'd sort it out and call me later to confirm...no call came. Rang back store A and person I spoke to was gone and no one knows anything about it. Call A back the next day and the same guy answers - he'll sort it all out for sure and call me back...no call came. Rang him back the next day and told its all sorted but I have to come in and sign paperwork - why - the store is 40 miles away - apparently its the procedure. So I make the 40 mile journey only to be told...they don't know what I'm talking about with paperwork - customers never have to do that and besides no one knows anything about my dryer. The guy denies ever speaking to me. Complain to the manager who promises to call me the next morning - you can guess what happened, so I call back at lunchtime and in fairness to him he says it's all sorted and a member of staff will call me back which for the first time they do.

He tells me to call Store B and arrange the delivery. I call store B and they don't know what I'm talking about. Someone in store B eventually rings Store A and an email is sent to clarify it all. Now store B say they'll deliver on Wednesday - that's OK i'll be home - any chance it'd be sooner I ask and I'm told no as they've deliveries pilled up. Either way they'll call me Monday to confirm the time for Wednesday...no call came. I ring Store B this morning to confirm it'll be Wednesday...they don't know what I'm talking about. As it's technically a Store A sale they're in charge of the delivery. I ring store A and...you've guessed it...they don't know what I'm talking about.

I arrive home this evening (Monday) to a note in the door - Harvey Norman tried to deliver blah blah blah - the number on it just rings out. The saga continues....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Jaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've a corporate account with them and can only order from one single store that isn't even the closest to the office - that's how odd some of their systems are and how awkward inter-store stuff is. So I'd believe the lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Count Hairyfoot

I finally got my dryer last week after lots more back and forth - and it's great.

Today a driver arrives at my door in a HN van and he's delivering - you've guessed it...a new tumble dryer. I was tempted as I'm pretty sure they'd never track it down but I sent him on his way with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Well, OP, after all that your original question "Harvey Norman - are they really this incompetent" - has been well and truly answered! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Jaysus, head meet brick wall OP. I always in find these electrical/home appliance stores that about 20 or 30% of the staff are genuinely into technology and know what they're selling. The rest are next to useless and you can often go in having more knowledge on a product than they do.

At least you got there in the end...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I finally got my dryer last week after lots more back and forth - and it's great.

Today a driver arrives at my door in a HN van and he's delivering - you've guessed it...a new tumble dryer. I was tempted as I'm pretty sure they'd never track it down but I sent him on his way with it!

I would have accepted the extra dryer. Not with the intention of keeping it, but making life a misery for them trying to collect it. You could have pulled their own sh1t tactics on them.

And yes, I am a vindictive a$$hole :pac:

Advertisement