Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three 30 day notice - conflicting info

Options
  • 11-11-2019 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

hi all

signed up to gomo on the day it came out as i thought they would fly out

got on to three to cancel, they said id have to give 30 days notice
    so i stayed with three for the notice period, (due to finish this friday)
    i got on to three today to find out what time ill need to port as
    you schedule it on gomo's site, they told me i can port whenever i want
    (which is not what i was told in the first place)

im wondering if i could have just left them on the day and not done the notice i rang carphone warehouse today and they said i shouldnt have needed to do the notice, its a sim only deal with three and i owe nothing on the phone

so basically am i paying a bill for the last month that i didnt have to

when i cancelled the guy on chat initially said i dont need to give notice
    then he changed his mind and said i did

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

When you sign up on the gomo site you are giving them the authority to pull your number from your previous provider. You dont need to talk to them or give them any notice - so you stayed with Three a month longer than you needed to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

The clue is in the contract name (unless you are actually on a payg as you go contract rather than a 30 days sim only contract), you have to give them 30 days notice

Advertisement