Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kids

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Smile111

Hi,

Unfortunately you said maybe on your profile where as you should have said "do not want kids ".
    She in hindsight should have said "want kids "
    I understand it was just a form but I think it's best to be honest especially if you know what you want.

I don't want kids and also put "don't want kids" on profile.
    It saves a lot of time.
    Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there who can't understand this but you only need to talk to the ones who do.

I also was in a relationship a long time ago where my opinion was the same .He however thought I would change my mind.

I thankfully did not marry him.
    I think op you know what you want in your heart yourself.

Good luck with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Western Lowland Gorilla

Is there a good argument for a vasectomy in this situation if you have really made up your mind?

Apparently condoms have a failure rate of 3 in 100 and even the pill has a failure rate of 1 in 100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There's no point in people saying oh she should break up with you, she's not on here looking for advice, the OP is.

Yes they should end the relationship.
    She should end it because she wants kids.
    But he should also end it if he loves this girl, because he knows he won't give her what she wants, it's not going to be a happy relationship in the long run.

If you care about her and love her then end it.

I'm early 30s and female with kids but 100% sure that I'm not having any more kids, I'm not dating at the moment but when I do I'm planning on only dating men who already have kids, to avoid some kind of similar situation. It must be awful to have to break up over something like that when you both love each other, but unfortunately it's for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

LuciX wrote: »
    18 months, already living together and talking about children... Slow down

You were honest from the beginning. Don't feel bad!
    Give her what she wants and you will be miserable living a life that you did not want to settle for. She made a decision to stay with you after you were clear on your 0 desire to have children. She can't guilty trip you now

Been there, done that and man, I do regret my decision big time! That's not the sort of subject you can compromise on.

Your attitude is not strange at all! There are tons of men and women who live perfectly happy lives without children. :cool:

She thinks it will not significantly affect your life :eek: Is she mentally challenged? I mean, really! Send her to the parenting forum. Or separation and divorce - see how many people grew apart after having a child.

From sleep deprivation to the cost of raising a child, lack of us time. Your life will change forever!

Strange is to bring a child into the world when you are not ready or worse, just to please someone.

WHAT??? at that age you have to have the children talk and even have them early in a relationship. You don't biologically have time to wait any longer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Sadly, I agree with the overall concensus here. There really is no compromise in this situation, and one of you is only going to end up resenting the other.

If you haven't done it already, I think given how your partner has gone back and forth, you'll have to be the one to finally call and end to this relationship, OP.

It is the kindest thing for both of you, in the end, as time is running out for your partner to meet someone else to have a family with.

Advertisement