Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignorthern Ireland Campaign

Options
  • 11-11-2019 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Sick and tired of hearing Northern Ireland related news stories 24/7 on television, newspapers and online? Then the Ignorthern Ireland Campaign is just for you! No further action required, no sign ups necessary, a lifetime subscription, truly unlimited experience - you just have to completely ignore any Northern Ireland related news stories.

The campaign sparked after a remarkable turn of events showing the leaking of emails sent between Michael Collins and Sir James Craig just prior to the signing of the 1922 Craig-Collins Pact. In these emails the contentious issue of Ulster is laid bare as the following excerpt illustrates:

Craig: "Good news Mikey. I just got off the phone from King G. He has given me the all clear to give Ulster to Ireland"

Collins: "Don't get a ahead of yourself, Jimmy. I just got a whatsapp from DeVo. He says we should be good to let the UK keep Ulster"

Craig: "Quite alright, Michael, you keep Ulster"

Collins: "You are too kind, Sir Craig, but you should keep Ulster"

Craig: "NO YOU CAN HAVE ULSTER"

Collins: "NO YOU HAVE ULSTER"

And the emails continued back and forth in this vein for months until March 1922 when Collins and Craig reluctantly agreed to share the 9 counties.

100 years on, with better roads, better health services, better sports facilities, they still aren't happy. And Brexit proves that both the UK and Ireland still don't want them...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,928 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There appear to be some temporal inconsistencies in your story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

I call bull****, no way Collins would have communicated via email: too easy to intercept.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

I almost choked on my boxty reading this

*clutches sash*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I call bull****, no way Collins would have communicated via email: too easy to intercept.

He did. I was there. He used Protonmail via Nordvpn while using the Tor browser.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

2/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Edgy boomer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Is Ignorthern a word?

I am also not sure emails have been around for that long....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

I don’t mind hearing about NI but I wish they’d pixelate Arlene fosters face when she appears on the news, nauseating.

I don’t mind hearing about NI but I wish they’d pixelate Arlene fosters face when she appears on the news, nauseating.

I thought they did??? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

wiggle16 wrote: »
    I thought they did??? :eek:

:D That’s her natural look, like somebody punched a quiche.

• Advertisement

Ah right, I get you. See I prefer looking at the "PG" rated version of Arlene, by which I mean hearing her on the radio.

She sounds like a camel falling down an escalator while on fire.

Advertisement