Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a bank account while abroad.

Options
  • 12-11-2019 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello, 

I am an Irish national who has been living abroad for 6 years. I am planning on returning home permanently next year. 

I would like to open an Irish bank account to prepare for my move home. Does BOI provide this service for people living abroad?

If so, could I do it online or would I have to do it in person? I hope to visit home once before moving permanently.

Thank you. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I think you have to be resident in Ireland? If a bank cannot help you, look at Revolut or N26 perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks tommyIV for checking this here with us today.

The first step to opening a non-resident account with us, would be to call our Account Opening Team.

An Advisor can certainly chat further with you, advise necessary documents and also send you an email which will include a link to help you upload documents for the new account.

Our Team are available Mon-Fri 9am-6pm. Their number from abroad is +353 1 4044034.

We hope the information helps, any further questions please feel free to check back with us here.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tommyIV

That is very helpful, thank you. 

Advertisement