Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade HKC alarm to work with the HKC app ?

Options
  • 12-11-2019 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering if you can add something to the alarm panel of a HKC alarm with the male voice to enable it to work with the HKC app ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blakey1

Depends on how old your panel board is. I have a 10 y.o. panel and up to about 2 years ago the add-on gsm card would send a text on alarm event. Due to changes in comms tech, text stopped working, but it still rang my phone.
    I had to replace my panel with a newer version to use with the app.
    Guess you'd have to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just wondering if you can add something to the alarm panel of a HKC alarm with the male voice to enable it to work with the HKC app ?

No, you have the Securewatch range of HKC Panels.

The Securecomm service is compatible with the Securewave range.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

blakey1 wrote: »
    Depends on how old your panel board is. I have a 10 y.o. panel and up to about 2 years ago the add-on gsm card would send a text on alarm event. Due to changes in comms tech, text stopped working, but it still rang my phone.
    I had to replace my panel with a newer version to use with the app.
    Guess you'd have to do the same.

Yes my panel is 11 years old and it also had the text add on on it but then got rid of the phone. Thanks for the reply.

kub wrote: »
    No, you have the Securewatch range of HKC Panels.

The Securecomm service is compatible with the Securewave range.

Thanks for your reply kub .
    Is it expensive to replace the panel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply kub .
    Is it expensive to replace the panel ?

We do not discuss prices on thread, get onto your original installer and get a quote there first, should you like you can get quotes off others in your own area.
    Well done on wondering the cost of replacing the panel as that, with the keypad and possibly battery is all that is required, of course with a full check on all of your detectors and warning devices also.

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »
    We do not discuss prices on thread, get onto your original installer and get a quote there first, should you like you can get quotes off others in your own area.
    Well done on wondering the cost of replacing the panel as that, with the keypad and possibly battery is all that is required, of course with a full check on all of your detectors and warning devices also.
    Thanks for that kub will get a few quotes before deciding who to get in.

Advertisement