Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RFD's Dispatching ammo to customers ...

Options
  • 12-11-2019 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭

Question...
    Since the change in the SI are RFD's still sending ammo by post or courier to end users?..
    How are the couriers etc complying with legislation regarding having the ammunition in locked " boxes" during their transportation.
    When a delivery is then made to a home address how is it accounted for if the end user is not home to sign for the package..the missus or kids are not licenced for the ammo nor could or should have access to locking it away ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

I'm sure a few additional costs will sort any problems.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

That is one of many flaws highlighted in the new SI.

I'm led to believe a review, for whatever it's worth, is taking place but i wouldn't hold my breath on a positive outcome.

As for your specific question, i honestly don't know. It wasn't, obviously, considered when drafting the SI so i imagine it'll be largely ignored until a problem arises from it at which point RFDs will be punished, couriers will be forbidden from transporting them, and the shooting community will be painted as the bad guy and lose out due to the Governments shortcomings.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

No doubt the solution will be for couriers ,like in the EU,as this is another EU induced problem.
    1] Refuse to carry anything ammo or firearms related.

2] Charge thru the snot for the service,for the very few remaining companies doing delivering.

I talked to Katja Treibel about this in Berlin post conference,and it is a big problem all over the EU,and is also violating one of the points of the euSSR,the free movement of goods between EU countries with harmonised firearms laws.At this stage,we should be able to buy ammo anywhere in the EU soviet and ship it with the paperwork anywhere as well.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Question...
    Since the change in the SI are RFD's still sending ammo by post or courier to end users?..
    How are the couriers etc complying with legislation regarding having the ammunition in locked " boxes" during their transportation.
    When a delivery is then made to a home address how is it accounted for if the end user is not home to sign for the package..the missus or kids are not licenced for the ammo nor could or should have access to locking it away ...

Go one further.. how does the ammo get to the RFD in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

I lost the plot with a RFD after a well known courier left my ammunition order sitting at the front door. I live in an estate and have young kids that have friends calling all the time. Thankfully I was back before anyone came to the door. Imagine one of my kids friends came by and decided to take a few rounds out ....I'd be in a world of bother I suspect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Asus1

cd07 wrote: »
    I lost the plot with a RFD after a well known courier left my ammunition order sitting at the front door. I live in an estate and have young kids that have friends calling all the time. Thankfully I was back before anyone came to the door. Imagine one of my kids friends came by and decided to take a few rounds out ....I'd be in a world of bother I suspect!

My first rifle was sent by courier and the shop that sent it assured me it would have to be signed for.Guess what happened,courier left it in a daybreak shop the village over.Shop who sold me rifle went mental and as a sorry sent me a brick of ammo.Could name shop as great lads but dont know if your allowed.

Advertisement