Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M18/N18 Ennis to Shannon/Limerick - Numerous RTAs

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

air wrote: »
    Why don't you do your own homework?
    Go onto the OSI website, view the path of the bypass and then enable the 1995 layer to see what was there before it. There appears to have been 4-5 demolished which is a small number in the grand scheme of things.

There was a new house built at the Dromoland exit to replace one that was demolished as far as I'm aware and I'm sure that similar was done for the others or appropriate compensation paid. There are no doubt reports on the scheme available which detail this.

This is all totally off topic in any case.
    The fact remains that if it's judged financially viable to convert the section to motorway at some stage, it will be done.

Alternative access routes can be created through acquisition of small amounts of land.

Sorry air but no you made the assertion that houses could be demolished and rebuilt not me. It is up to you to prove it not me. If someone came in with something you demand they show the evidence and it is not up to you to do there work.

I did the evidence to the farm for you I ain't doing this one. By demolishing a structure we mean one lived in not a ruin in a field

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

coylemj wrote: »
    There was a time when you had to merge into the fast lane on that road, I think if you were coming from Shannon and were joining the road from Ennis to Limerick.

Correct, that used to be fun.

Come around the bend designed to slow you down and then pedal to the floor. 4pm on a friday was like Mad Max with cortinas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭air

Sorry air but no you made the assertion that houses could be demolished and rebuilt not me. It is up to you to prove it not me. If someone came in with something you demand they show the evidence and it is not up to you to do there work.

I did the evidence to the farm for you I ain't doing this one. By demolishing a structure we mean one lived in not a ruin in a field

I only brought up the demolishing of houses to put the rerouting of access routes to houses into context - as in, it's a minor change vs what can be done when necessary to facilitate major infrastructure.
    I'm not advocating for anything to be demolished in the context of this stretch of road, hopefully we can leave it at that.

In relation to the Ennis bypass, to the best of my knowledge the house built at the Dromoland exit was to directly replace an occupied home which can be seen in the old satellite imagery.
    I've no idea if the other houses along the route were occupied or not but if you have a special interest I'll look into it.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

trellheim wrote: »
    sub in M50 for M18 welcome to the party

The M18 is an absolute delight compared to the M50 and other motorways in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Sorry air but no you made the assertion that houses could be demolished and rebuilt not me.

This is not some wild or unusual claim, it is normal in Motorway construction. Check out this story on the Galway outer route:

Total of 41 homes face demolition as part of Galway bypass plans

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

air wrote: »
    I only brought up the demolishing of houses to put the rerouting of access routes to houses into context - as in, it's a minor change vs what can be done when necessary to facilitate major infrastructure.
    I'm not advocating for anything to be demolished in the context of this stretch of road, hopefully we can leave it at that.

In relation to the Ennis bypass, to the best of my knowledge the house built at the Dromoland exit was to directly replace an occupied home which can be seen in the old satellite imagery.
    I've no idea if the other houses along the route were occupied or not but if you have a special interest I'll look into it.

A minor change tell that to the person with a house. You have gone from it has to be done yesterday to I was spitballing today as soon as others challenged you. I am out of this discussion also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭air

A minor change tell that to the person with a house. You have gone from it has to be done yesterday to I was spitballing today as soon as others challenged you. I am out of this discussion also

What are you on about, I never once suggested anything be demolished in this thread.
    All I said was alternative access routes could be created to allow for closing of exits onto the road. I made the point that this is a minor change relative to what is routinely done for motorway construction, up to and including demolishing homes if necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A lot of houses view of the estuary would be lost to motorway sound barriers I’d guess.

Advertisement