Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest with new boiler - water heating option

Options
  • 12-11-2019 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭

We just got house rewired and new gas boiler installed. With the old boiler, using gas to heat water involved opening a valve in the hot press, but with the new boiler (Ideal Standard) we should be able to use the Nest (third generation) which we had with the old boiler, to choose to heat the water with the gas boiler. It seems that the Nest needs to be "told" that there is a new boiler as water heating is not coming up on the phone app. The electrician is a bit stuck and I'm no expert! Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

vienne86 wrote: »
    We just got house rewired and new gas boiler installed. With the old boiler, using gas to heat water involved opening a valve in the hot press, but with the new boiler (Ideal Standard) we should be able to use the Nest (third generation) which we had with the old boiler, to choose to heat the water with the gas boiler. It seems that the Nest needs to be "told" that there is a new boiler as water heating is not coming up on the phone app. The electrician is a bit stuck and I'm no expert! Can anyone help?

Might have answered my own question! Fiddled around Nest Pro under Settings on the thermostat and now have Water Heating on the Home Screen on the thermostat and the app. Just need to try it out.

Advertisement