Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which car for tall driver and car seats in rear?

• 12-11-2019 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

I am 6ft 4" and generally put drivers seat fully back, shortly we will have the need to have two car seats on the back seat. If i put the car seat (bucket) behind drivers seat on a Passat/Sportage i can't put drivers seat fully back and it makes it uncomfortable to drive.

Any ideas/suggestions for a car with a spacious rear cabin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

SEAT Altra XL but newest one will be 2015 at this stage. Very spacious car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Skoda Superb.

Superb estate is what you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

New car seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101

BMW 7 series long wheel base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

colm_mcm wrote: »
    New car seat.

This would be my first option. Some car seats are just ridiculously bulky while others are very slimline. My mam had one for my nephew in her Focus and my knees were jammed into the glovebox. Got a smaller seat and was able to move it back slightly.

Even if it's a costly seat it's cheaper than changing a car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

Go to somewhere like Tony kealys or mumnme in waterford and try a few seats. We had same problem ( twins) and found a solution with a good fitter. My two are in rear facing seats and will be until they turn four

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I recently got a Superb mk2, the room in the back is ridiculous. If you want space, I'd definitely recommend one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

I am 6' 5" and have got new mounts for my seat each time I buy a new golf.They are longer runners which lets the seat go back further...they are made for people with a disability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭eusap

Thanks for all the replys,

I have tried a few friends cars seats and also asked in the nursery shop and they all say if you want to keep the Extended Rear Facing Seat then there is a space cost.

For now its just the Maxi-Cosi Bucket seat and not sure there is a slimmer version available. The other option is to use the front seat but then also the rear passenger will have little leg room on long journeys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

We have joie 360 seats rear facing in a Audi Q5. Husband is 6’2. The space in the back isn’t huge in q5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

We've a Rav4. Space is no longer an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ba_barabus wrote: »

Have you child seats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

I’m 6,2 and have an A6 and found the space to be good. It’s an automatic so find that to be as big a help as the space to be honest.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Have you child seats?

Yes. Well one, but it's behind my seat. I love the space tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭eusap

ba_barabus wrote: »

which year?

eusap wrote: »
    which year?

We got a 2013 model. Newer one is bigger again.

Advertisement