Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Us dollars.

Options
  • 12-11-2019 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭

Best place to get cash. Here or the states

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

cena wrote: »
    Best place to get cash. Here or the states

I use for Revolut card for almost everything when in America but I take about $100 with me just in case which I get from the Post Office. The exchange rate isn't great but when compared with the best rate, it's probably only costing me a couple of Euro which over the grand scheme of things, is such a tiny percentage of the total cost of the holiday it's not worth thinking about.

I also try and bring home a few ones and fives so I'm not stuck for tips when I just arrive on my next visit.

I know you asked about cash but in this day and age, it's getting to the point where you don't need much of it and card is king.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I'm the same. Any time I go to the US I just use my Revolut card. A lot of places will let you put a tip on your card.

Advertisement