Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standard to Nano Sim Card

Options
  • 12-11-2019 1:33pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an old Kindle with a SIM card in it with worldwide usage with no limit, very handy, unfortunately the kindle has died but I've been able to get the SIM card out of it, it's a standard SIM card, is there anyway of making this into a nano card so I can use it in my S6 tablet???

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Thanks folks, I forgot about the cutting option, I was thinking of cloning or something far more complex. Down to the local shop with me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm thinking it'll never work anyway, probably locked down to Amazon only but it's worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It doesnt have an internet connection.

It has a connection to AWS. AWS then gets pages on your behalf. Without a kindle its worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The SIM card has to be for one of the local (Irish) networks, shouldn't the OP simply go to one of their shops and ask them to swap it for a nano SIM? They phone up their support centre and get the account moved to the new SIM. The shops sometimes try to charge for a replacement SIM but will typically back down if you kick up a fuss. Sometimes simply giving them a frown when they mention money is all that's required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

coylemj wrote: »
    The SIM card has to be for one of the local (Irish) networks, shouldn't the OP simply go to one of their shops and ask them to swap it for a nano SIM? They phone up their support centre and get the account moved to the new SIM. The shops sometimes try to charge for a replacement SIM but will typically back down if you kick up a fuss. Sometimes simply giving them a frown when they mention money is all that's required.

Did you read the thread at all?

Advertisement