Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale agreed intestate probate 9 Months

Options
  • 12-11-2019 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi Guys and girls,
    Im buying a house and sale agreed for the past 9 Months, My solictor has put a 3 month resign on it last month but still heard nothing back. Is this normal for probate and is there a way to find out update and check have they gone to the probate office stating they are sale agreed. All deposit and all contracts have been signed, The owner of the house died in intestate. Is there anywhere I can get an update of probate without annoying my solictor anymore as I know there is nothing he can do but its draining.

Also after the 3 month which will be january is there something you can do like rent the house or lease it I think i read this somewhere but not sure where.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

DJI wrote: »
    Hi Guys and girls,
    Im buying a house and sale agreed for the past 9 Months, My solictor has put a 3 month resign on it last month but still heard nothing back. Is this normal for probate and is there a way to find out update and check have they gone to the probate office stating they are sale agreed. All deposit and all contracts have been signed, The owner of the house died in intestate. Is there anywhere I can get an update of probate without annoying my solictor anymore as I know there is nothing he can do but its draining.

Probate can take a year on average

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Sorry, cannot give legal advice here.
    You will have to be advised by your own solicitor
    Leaving open for general discussion subject to above rule

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭randomrb

DJI wrote: »
    Hi Guys and girls,

Also after the 3 month which will be january is there something you can do like rent the house or lease it I think i read this somewhere but not sure where.

Probate can take a long time but if that is all you are waiting for ask your solicitor is there an option of a caretakers agreement so that you can move in before the sale closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DJI

randomrb wrote: »
    Probate can take a long time but if that is all you are waiting for ask your solicitor is there an option of a caretakers agreement so that you can move in before the sale closes.

Thank you I think I will

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭P2C

We submitted a personal probate application last February. It is in the district court. Roll on 10 months and only got word of an interview date. It takes time but that varies depending on the area. The delay in my area is because no registrar at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭P2C

Mod; duplicate post deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭randomrb

P2C wrote: »
    We submitted a personal probate application last February. It is in the district court. Roll on 10 months and only got word of an interview date. It takes time but that varies depending on the area. The delay in my area is because no registrar at the moment

The personal applications take nearly twice as long as solicitor applications and are more expensive to do as far as I remember

Advertisement