Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election December, 2019 (U.K.)

Comments

Like all Marxist governments, it leads to nothing but damage and despair.

And a Tory govt has been sunshine and lollipops! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭briany

Nigel Farage must be praying for a hung parliament at this stage. A Conservative majority spells the definitive end of his, and the B(n)P's political relevance.

Reform Party? There is no real appetite for the type of political reform he's advocating. The crushing defeat of AV kind of spelled that out, and while the Lords have at times been painted by the red tops as standing in the way of Brexit, if and when Brexit does happen, any real opposition to that house will largely be forgotten about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,438 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I think he was going to enter the fridge anyway.

It was a milk round etc. and he was stocking the van.

And he was just channeling a magpie when he took yer man's shiny phone? Or what about avoiding interviews that might have bee tough?

Real leadership qualities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Daily Mail are not sounding too confident about Boris Johnson ???

The pictures of queues in London are massive

Putney, Vauxhall, etc

Most people in London I know have felt so impotent since the Brexit referendum....
    All analysis points to Brexit being a nightmare for London (already is) and people in London had no recourse as Brexit was being pushed through by the Tories in any rubbish format they could get away with

All we will see from that is even larger Labour majorities in already safe Labour seats, its like how Hillary won California by like 3m votes or whatever but that was a given anyway. Its not like those extra Labour voters are going to cost the Tories seats in places like the Cotswolds and Dorset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Faugheen wrote: »
    He was already in or he’s going to be on the panel?

He was already in at the very start with Beth Rigby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭briany

theguzman wrote: »
    All we will see from that is even larger Labour majorities in already safe Labour seats, its like how Hillary won California by like 3m votes or whatever but that was a given anyway. Its not like those extra Labour voters are going to cost the Tories seats in places like the Cotswolds and Dorset.

Yeah, it should be an obvious point, but it bears repeating as people seem to get carried away with broad numbers, and parliamentary elections are really won at a more granular level. So it's all about what's happening in the marginals.

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Daily Mail are not sounding too confident about Boris Johnson ???

The pictures of queues in London are massive

Putney, Vauxhall, etc

Most people in London I know have felt so impotent since the Brexit referendum....
    All analysis points to Brexit being a nightmare for London (already is) and people in London had no recourse as Brexit was being pushed through by the Tories in any rubbish format they could get away with

when people talk about the Scots being dragged out of the eu against their wishes, they seem to forget that (Gibraltar aside) the six strongest remain votes were in London. I think that is what gave Cameron and he sane side of the conservative party the confidence to promise the referendum in the first pace, because in London it was never going to win. If only the politicians had got off their arses and understood the atmosphere in the rest of the country.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

theguzman wrote: »

Yes I knows...without proportional representation :(

I didnt need to vote but there are a few seats in London that Labor could win or Tories could lose like Watford, Croydon,Putney,Richmond,Chingford

I wonder how they pick which presenters get to cover the main seats ? I mean as Sarah Jane Mee and Gillian Joseph are in sunderland and Newcastle respectively and if past elections are anything to go by they could be finished well before 12am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It'll be hilarious if Johnson loses his seat, some poor sod with a safe seat is going to be kicked upstairs so Bojo can stand again. Who would be the PM for that period? Rees-Mogg?

Declaration time estimates

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTxPdsRsg0a1ywEoywS-h-V2pZ2tBDwUnyEx5uod9m6D3IyQF-JOFqx7IlprkazUnMFxOUDCoaUhPaO/pubhtml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,438 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Are SKY broadcasting on a dedicated channel or on SKYNEWS?

Sky News itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

https://news.sky.com/watch-live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭tanko

What percentage vote did the main parties get in the last two general elections?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

tanko wrote: »
    What percentage vote did the main parties get in the last two general elections?

Con 42.3
    Lab 40.0
    Lib Dem 7.4

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It'll be hilarious if Johnson looses his seat, some poor sod with a safe seat is going to be kicked upstairs so Bojo can stand again. Who would be the PM for that period? Rees-Mogg?

Pretty sure that Boris remains PM until the House selects someone else. He can't resign until he can tell the Queen who his replacement is. So the Tories would have to speed up their leader selection process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It'll be hilarious if Johnson looses his seat, some poor sod with a safe seat is going to be kicked upstairs so Bojo can stand again. Who would be the PM for that period? Rees-Mogg?

Some experts believe Johnson would have no choice but to resign as PM and Conservative leader - not resigning after being rejected by the electorate would be a terrible look.

Have no TV, anyone got a stream for Sky/ITV/BBC I can watch to get the opinion poll at the stroke of 10? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Love to see Tony Blair, Gordon Brown & John Major on a panel together somewhere tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Labour seem to think Johnson will be alright...

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1205237105066160146

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

It'll be hilarious if Johnson loses his seat, some poor sod with a safe seat is going to be kicked upstairs so Bojo can stand again. Who would be the PM for that period? Rees-Mogg?

Declaration time estimates

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTxPdsRsg0a1ywEoywS-h-V2pZ2tBDwUnyEx5uod9m6D3IyQF-JOFqx7IlprkazUnMFxOUDCoaUhPaO/pubhtml

won't happen I'm afraid.

Just 28 minutes left.

For those who monitor the betting dimension, has anything shifted significantly on that front?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Labour seem to think Johnson will be alright...

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1205237105066160146

same woman in all those photos.
    has he got a stalker? pray for Boris

Have no TV, anyone got a stream for Sky/ITV/BBC I can watch to get the opinion poll at the stroke of 10? :D

Youtube have sky News and ITV official streams. Haven't seen any such stream for the BBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Sky News has a live stream on YouTube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Sky News live on Youtube :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Auq9mYxFEE

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Strazdas wrote: »
    Some experts believe Johnson would have no choice but to resign as PM and Conservative leader - not resigning after being rejected by the electorate would be a terrible look.

Admittedly he hadn't lost his seat, but Gordon Brown was still PM for at least a week despite Labour then filling the opposition benches in 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

RTE are giving the live full monty as well for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,805 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Can I just say how much Sky News has improved over the last 5 years.

Before then it was all tabloid and unwatchable.

Now i'd go to Sky before BBC. It's a fine news channel now.

Looking forward to their coverage

icon14.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,622 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Sky have a journalist in every count centre, I think.

Advertisement