Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election December, 2019 (U.K.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,805 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I think this guy should be arrested for incitement on social media

https://twitter.com/JamieBrysonCPNI/status/1205246406136664067

At the very least the police should pay a visit - he has been whipping things up in loyalist areas in the north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Letwin_Larry

BarryD2 wrote: »
    If that exit poll is anyway near right, good riddance to Corbyn. Utterly useless as an opposition leader.

i said it weeks ago when this election was called. corbyn makes Michael Foot look wonderful.
    if he has an ounce of integrity he should resign now. well should have done a long time ago imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Only in the past tense. They're gone by end of January. And I suspect Brussels will actually breathe a sigh of relief. Parliaments rejection of the last deal was something of a final straw imo.

Negotiations will state in January. Boris has the tools he needs now to get a new deal. The EU will not risk a no deal exit and Boris is bold enough to go out on one.
    Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Scotland and Northern Ireland won't be apart of the UK much longer if this exit poll is anything to go by.

Based on what. Scotland won't be having a second referendum any time soon. That ship sailed with Cameron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Only in the past tense. They're gone by end of January. And I suspect Brussels will actually breathe a sigh of relief. Parliaments rejection of the last deal was something of a final straw imo.

You don't understand Brexit if you think it's all done and dusted in January. There are countless aspects of the UK's relationship with the EU that will take years to fully separate out. Brexit will probably be the most used (im)"proper" word in the UK news media in 2020.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

joe40 wrote: »
    This was a Brexit election. Depressing stuff I feel sorry for the many decent British people, but they have been let down by the narrow minded brexiteers.

Brexiteers are decent people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭listermint

kevcos wrote: »
    Dont fret mate, I'll send a few pound back home when times get hard for ye.

I think your confused. Ireland's doing better. As in by multiples. You need some help ? I see emigration in your future. Social security and pensions will be stripped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Not necessarily as this is first past the post.

Latest polls on independence in Scotland still has remaining in the UK ahead of leaving.
    I'm leaning towards believing that Scotland want independence now given that they have 59 MPs and the exit poll has 55 of them being SNP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Sky have messed up with Bercow - not great at all.

WUT ?

UK exports did NOT increase when they got cheaper because sterling fell.
    And now its going to cost more ?

Car industry alone contributes £150Bn to the economy and most of production is exported to the EU and Turkey.
    Sure a risen sterling, will mean a massive profit for the vultures who have been buying anything British over the past few months.

Don't be surprised to see a massive sell off of foreign owned British assets over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,422 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I'm heartbroken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭liamtech

When Brexit is proved not to be the biblical catastrophe that many claim it will be, I think you'll find they'll be happy to Remain within the Union.

Project Fear is a terrible, terrible thing; anathema to the unbridled truth.

an i ask you as a Tory Brexiteer supporter

Do you think Boris will have any sympathy for the DUP position on the withdrawal agreement? i.e. that it should be renegotiated?

Genuinely curious on your opinion - thread is moving quickly here but il keep an eye on it

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭dasdog

Sterling surging on the new found certainty.

Good news for our exporters.

The Euro is also rallying against most majors - its a risk on result.

The first signs of sterling buying were at 19:30 this evening.

wsvE0fD.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

They are but so were remainers despite what was said in westminster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Brexit isn't over once january comes you know.

The act of leaving will be. As I said - it will be continued to be talked about afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Panrich

The UK still needs to carve out a new relationship with the EU. 'Get Brexit done' was a soundbyte to appeal to voters. The reality is that Brexit won't be done for years.

listermint wrote: »
    You'll be sorely mistaken . People are actively leaving the UK. The NHS will be vacated off staff leaving to better more affluent countries. It's already started and will now increase at pace.

I've been proven more right on this thread than anyone else.

This election is just another feather in my hat.

Remainers are now struggling to cling on to other irrelevant details.

Yes.

Completely; he's coming across boring, repetitive, and not offering any kind of keen and intelligible insight.

He seems miserable that Conservatives have won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The act of leaving will be. As I said - it will be continued to be talked about afterwards.

Agreeing a trade deal isn't "talked about"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

At the very least the police should pay a visit - he has been whipping things up in loyalist areas in the north.

The man is right. If he pushes ahead with this deal, the consequences will be dire. If he goes out with no deal and the EU wants a hard border, the republican response will just as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

When Brexit is proved not to be the biblical catastrophe that many claim it will be, I think you'll find they'll be happy to Remain within the Union.

Project Fear is a terrible, terrible thing; anathema to the unbridled truth.

There was massive money and PR behind project fear in the early days that dwindled out when they realised the people weren't buying into the spin.

The UK in time will be stronger and that is the nightmare scenario for Brussels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Disgraceful tweet by Paul Mason. Tarring millions of well-intentioned voters in the most disgusting manner.

It's attitudes like that which promote Brexit.

https://twitter.com/paulmasonnews/status/1205247632135872516

He is a really horrible person just like that awful Barry Gardiner. I take enjoyment out of the fact they feel sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,720 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

ITV reported a few minutes ago, before Gove's live interview, that Jo Swinson has lost her seat tonight.
    Perhaps we should vote again? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭liamtech

I think this guy should be arrested for incitement on social media

https://twitter.com/JamieBrysonCPNI/status/1205246406136664067

Iv been watching him for weeks pal
    • Wants to rip up the peace process
    • Rip up power sharing
    • accuses EVERYONE who is not DUP, of being ANTI-UNION
    • implicitly threatens violence and public disobedience -rioting, which he has a lot of experience in from the flag protest

He is a thoroughly despicable character

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

i said it weeks ago when this election was called. corbyn makes Michael Foot look wonderful.
    if he has an ounce of integrity he should resign now. well should have done a long time ago imo.

The party needs to remove the Momentum cancer from it and quickly.

That is going to be a hell of a task but they need a more moderate leader to step forward now more than ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

lawred2 wrote: »
    I'm heartbroken

What did you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Did they ask him about the bullying allegations?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ribs1234

If result is as forecast, the polling companies have big time messed up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I've been proven more right on this thread than anyone else.

This election is just another feather in my hat.

Remainers are now struggling to cling on to other irrelevant details.

Yes.

Completely; he's coming across boring, repetitive, and not offering any kind of keen and intelligible insight.

He seems miserable that Conservatives have won.

I've personal friends that have left.

Your refusal to think that NHS staff who are over worked and have been vilified by their pm and the national press will stay in a country that doesn't want immigrants is beyond parody.

English exceptionalism at its most amusing. Acting like the center of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,241 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Spare a thought for Ruth Davidson who said she'd swim naked in Loch Ness if the SNP won more than fifty seats.

Spare a thought for the public that might be there :eek:

Absolutely surprised that the exit poll showing 55 seats

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

Berserker wrote: »
    Negotiations will state in January. Boris has the tools he needs now to get a new deal. The EU will not risk a no deal exit and Boris is bold enough to go out on one.

Seriously?? Not this again!

The EU have said in a veiled threatening manner "We will not cooperate with no deal" - i.e. the dozens of supplementary deals that comes with EU membership - the EU won't entertain any of them!

Johnson could now decide he wants no deal. The EU won't budge! He'd be back looking for trade and assurances on open skies and everything else before Valentines Day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,276 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The party needs to remove the Momentum cancer from it and quickly.

That is going to be a hell of a task but they need a more moderate leader to step forward now more than ever.

They do, but it is their own stupid fault.

Get Keir Starmer in an begin to restore viability for 2029. I say '29 rather than '24 as the damage is so severe.

Advertisement