Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election December, 2019 (U.K.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Also its time for Keir Starmer. UK isn't ready for Corbyn or any of his hanger on's like Bailey, Piddock etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

On ITV George Osborne has suggested a "federated" Ireland is now more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Berserker wrote: »
    The man is right. If he pushes ahead with this deal, the consequences will be dire. If he goes out with no deal and the EU wants a hard border, the republican response will just as bad.

The EU do not want a hard border.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Is there a BBC live stream available?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,804 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The man is right. If he pushes ahead with this deal, the consequences will be dire. If he goes out with no deal and the EU wants a hard border, the republican response will just as bad.

That is a fundamental misunderstanding.

The border will now certainly be in the Irish sea.

The Withdrawal agreement to be approved before Christmas applies in all circumstances.

Does not matter if there is no deal in the trade talks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭liamtech

Larbre34 wrote: »
    They do, but it is their own stupid fault.

Get Keir Starmer in an begin to restore viability for 2029. I say '29 rather than '24 as the damage is so severe.

The damage of Boris's hard Brexit makes 2024 viable me thinks

But i agree - new leadership in Labour is required

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

liamtech wrote: »
    Im actually gonna try and jump between the BBC and Sky News -

Also have to see some of NI results and discussion as it happens
    On Freesat you can skip up/down

But which area to hover over ?

101 BBC NI
    102 BBC 2 Hue Edwards
    103 UTV but it's ITN
    104 C4 Alternative election night - so so, so far
    105 C5 Most Shocking Cleb moments :rolleyes:

200 BBC News
    201 BBC Parliament - jumped here when Laura came on looking ghoulish
    202 SKY
    207 CNN - UK elections hmmm
    208 Bloomberg Uk elections

others
    971 BBC 2 Wales
    973 BBC 1 Scotland
    976 BBC 1 Wales
    978 BBC 1 NI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Sonny678

splinter65 wrote: »
    At least 10 years of Tory rule ahead. Hurrah ! The great British people don’t want your communism poster. Back to the drawing board with you.

I dont know which is worse now , the aristocratic wierdos ( Tories) are the gob****es that vote for them. Lets see how Johnston deal with Brexit when it actually happens ( it hasnt begun yet , when it really starts and impact felt thats when the **** will really hit the fan). And worldwide recession in early 2020s. Johnston hasnt skillset and lacking any sort of morals and values or human decency ,( he is a sickening vile individual of the highest order ) will be inept and a joke of a PM. But again the damage the b$$/#@#$ds will do ordinary peoples lifes is shocking and very sad. Brexit will lead to the break up of Uk.
    UK RIP. UK RIP. UK RIP. it lasted a long time but Johnston will be man will put the final nail in the coffin of the Uk. Thats whats happens when you elect a morally bankrupt clown as PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Some really rotten gloating on this site

Especially as with the Tories there will be a non deal Brexit (bad for Ireland & UK) by end of 202 and limited investments in NHS and policing, etc

I will be fine as I have a good job with a pension but the next years will be very hard esp for the people in poorer areas
    All economic forecast by reputable institutions point to this esp with a non deal brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Pound surging against the euro. Hope you all did your shopping on amazon yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

I've been proven more right on this thread than anyone else.

This election is just another feather in my hat.

Remainers are now struggling to cling on to other irrelevant details.

Yes.

Completely; he's coming across boring, repetitive, and not offering any kind of keen and intelligible insight.

He seems miserable that Conservatives have won.
    You know where to move to.
    Cheerio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

Nope, he inherited that. He has a majority and a clean slate to do whatever he wants. Will be interesting to see what the EU does. They don't have the security blanket of parliament to stop a no deal exit.

The EU are finished with Britain. It's over. The deadline is set at 31st of Jan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,422 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

This was an existential vote and they voted for nationalism. **** them. I hope they rot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

liamtech wrote: »
    But i agree - new leadership in Labour is required

Required now? I can't people on this. JC has been completely useless for years. Labour should have got shot of him years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

listermint wrote: »
    Ah got it your one of those.

Good luck.

Selective smugness, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Are Wales traditionally this conservative? They appear more English then the English are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    I'm leaning towards believing that Scotland want independence now given that they have 59 MPs and the exit poll has 55 of them being SNP.

Scottish independence will be a mess if the SNP doesn't get a strong majority for independence in a second referendum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

The minority who said they don’t care if Brexit happens seemed beyond reasoned debate in the last few months. That's where labour lost their 70 seats.
    If only Corbyn got off his cowardly fence.

And to think that we've had all this toing and froing because David Cameron wanted to save his own neck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,276 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Lads, Boris is not a hard Brexiteer.

He wants to go down in history (presumably) as the man who delivers Brexit, but really he's the man who wants to go down in history for anything rather than something, he personally wants an exit softer than a lb of Kerrygold on a sun drenched window sill. He is not going to pursue a different deal, or no deal, because thats not what he personally wants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Pound surging against the euro. Hope you all did your shopping on amazon yesterday

Buy local
    Bezos has enough money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

joe_99 wrote: »
    The EU are finished with Britain. It's over. The deadline is set at 31st of Jan

They are not. New game begins in January. The EU will not risk a no deal Brexit. This vote is a game changer for Boris. Watch how the markets react to this. Sterling was on a continuous downward spiral time and time again. Watch it tomorrow. Brussels will be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭liamtech

Required now? I can't people on this. JC has been completely useless for years. Labour should have got shot of him years ago.

I have been SERIOUSLY critical of Jeremy Corbyn pal - honestly - and i blame him on this defeat - not for his policy, but for an inability to be pragmatic

Question is who leads labour out of this

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Are Wales traditionally this conservative? They appear more English then the English are.

Aye Wales have traditionally been quite English.

The is one of the greatest moments for the United Kingdom.

A return to the nation-state. Controlling laws, borders, and monies; a replica for the rest of Europe too. Let's have Europe leave the European Union.

A return of our coastal fishing communities.

A charismatic, intelligent leader.

The patronising attitude of many has been exposed. We warned you - we really did - not to look down on Leave voters as stupid, racist, and irrelevant; somehow secretly wishing a return to imperialist times.

That attitude, like with Hilary Clinton and the "deplorables", is what is costing you elections. But you just can't see beyond your own wall of bias.

Don't point the finger and blame. Look to yourself, find those faults, and reform from within. That's the only way you'll ever win a future election.

Until then, it's Donald Trump and Boris Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Well that’s Scotland gone..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Letwin_Larry

Sky have messed up with Bercow - not great at all.

actually i love looking at his grim expression. not a happy camper is he? not his usual ebullient, blustering pumped-up little self?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,199 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Lads, Boris is not a hard Brexiteer.

He wants to go down in history (presumably) as the man who delivers Brexit, but really he's the man who wants to go down in history for anything rather than something, he personally wants an exit softer than a lb of Kerrygold on a sun drenched window sill. He is not going to pursue a different deal, or no deal, because thats not what he personally wants.

Perhaps, but does he have the stones to stand up to his party colleagues, like JRM, who put him there who do want to go hard boiled.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

All - One Time only warning

Memes , one liners and petty sniping will be met with zero tolerance.

I've already had to delete multiple silly posts in the last 15 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Is there a BBC live stream available?

https://easyview.eu/watch.php?stream=bbc-1

Advertisement