Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VCDS Rosstech "No ASAM data for"

• 12-11-2019 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

All,
    I recently purchased a newer version of the VCDS cable and software as my old one got damaged.
    I ran the first scan on my car and got some odd results that I have not come across before, they may be no problem as the error codes still make sense when searched online but they just look different than before. The old software gave better text descriptions of the code but the new I need to look up the code online.
    any suggestions?

This "No ASAM data for" highlighted in bold below and then the "Unknown Error Code".
    Im guessing they are related as in the unknown is because of the missing data? is there a way to fix or do I just need to live with it?

Thanks

Address 01: Engine (J623-CAYB) Labels:. 03L-906-023-CAY.clb
    Part No SW: 03L 906 023 BC HW: 03L 906 023 D
    Component: 1,6l R4 CR td H13 8876
    Revision: --H13--- Serial number:
    Coding: 00114014000500080000
    Shop #: WSC 31414 790 50316
    ASAM Dataset: EV_EC1M6TDI02103L906023BC 003007
    ROD: N/A
    VCID: 68D5E5629373D30F39-803C

No ASAM data for: "EV_EC1M6TDI02103L906023BC" (VW36 *)
    3 Faults Found:
    7361 - ROD - Unknown Error Code

Address 25: Immobilizer (J334) Labels:. 5K0-920-xxx-25.clb
    Part No SW: 5K0 953 234 HW: 5K0 953 234
    Component: IMMO H04 0304
    Serial number:
    Coding: 000000
    Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
    ASAM Dataset: EV_Immo_UDS_VD_DRM09 A03008
    ROD: N/A
    VCID: 6AD19F6A8D7FE11F2F-803E

No ASAM data for: "EV_Immo_UDS_VD_DRM09" (VW36 *)
    No fault code found.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Never seen that, you should contact Ross tech their support is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

tossy wrote:
    Never seen that, you should contact Ross tech their support is very good.

Never dealt with them as its a Chinese cable. Normally a google search will give plenty of info but not this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Never dealt with them as its a Chinese cable. Normally a google search will give plenty of info but not this time

There's your answer there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Whocare

Recently bought full vdsc from eBay seller and it works perfect cost around 70euro pm me if you want to know the seller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Whocare wrote: »
    Recently bought full vdsc from eBay seller and it works perfect cost around 70euro pm me if you want to know the seller

How many licences do you get with the Ebay seller?

• Advertisement

How many licences do you get with the Ebay seller?

Not sure tell you the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

Whocare wrote: »

Are you sure it's fully functional?

newmember? wrote: »
    Are you sure it's fully functional?
    Can go into all the module real code wind-back rear brakes fuel filter priming dpf soor/ash levels ect as far i know it full versions . It good enough for me anyway

Whocare wrote:
    Can go into all the module real code wind-back rear brakes fuel filter priming dpf soor/ash levels ect as far i know it full versions . It good enough for me anyway

I have all the same features on mine. Only issue is the missing asam data and the unknown error code, I'm convinced they are linked from reading online. Not sure how to remedy though.

I have all the same features on mine. Only issue is the missing asam data and the unknown error code, I'm convinced they are linked from reading online. Not sure how to remedy though.

not having the that issue .by one give a a description of the fault longside the fault code

• Advertisement

Whocare wrote:
    not having the that issue .by one give a a description of the fault longside the fault code

Want me to post the whole scan report?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

tossy wrote: »
    There's your answer there.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

The problem is the hacked software can't download from the vcds website to keep it up to date so is missing the log files. It still will work perfectly fine with just the added inconvenience of having to search the codes online manually.
    If you plan on sticking with the vag group of cars it would be worth paying the €400 to buy genuine for future updates and then it also has a resale value. The cloned version tend to fail after a few years or at best will only work with older cars then because it's so out of date.

Advertisement