Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Grealish

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

So the CSO says 17 million and the United Nations say 392 million.

Lol
    392m/10000 =about 40K per person versus 17m/10000 = 1.7K. Per person here being man, woman and child!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Boggles wrote: »
    With Noel it's pure opportunism, racism just happens to be the vehicle.

I'd actually have more respect for a full on card carrying racist.

But sure it's hardly surprising the absolute cretin calling people spongers and he creaming 100s of 1000s in unvouched expenses. You couldn't make it up.

Yep, I've said this myself, I have more respect for overt racists because at least they dont hide behind their cowardice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

PinotNero wrote: »
    Here is an article from the Irish Times in 2015.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/migrant-workers-in-ireland-sent-home-1-3bn-last-year-1.2250468

It states:
    The agency’s Sending Money Home: European flows and markets report showed more than 30 per cent of the outflow from Ireland, equating to $392 million, went to Nigeria.

The source is the UN’s International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)

Those figures sound identical to the World Bank figures ie. highly questionable.

$392m going from Ireland to Nigeria a year equates to $7.5m a week. Those numbers sound crazy (even Nigerian criminals wouldn't have access to that amount of money).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

weisses wrote: »
    There are two sets available just as in 2013 No one has a clue which one is the accurate one although it is said the CSO figures look more reliable ... Probably also depending who you ask

Even Noonan in his answer didn't have a clue back then

How did Graelish misstated facts when the facts are that both sets of data are not factual and only estimates ?

IS the world bank also engaging in racist activities by floating these numbers ?

He was given the answer on oct 22, but he still went ahead and quoted figures that ran contrary to that answer, massively so. Why would he do this? Because he has an agenda against the people he was running down, because hes a racist. Theres no defending him.

is_that_so wrote: »
    392m/10000 =about 40K per person versus 17m/10000 = 1.7K.

It’s not 10,000 it’s just under 7,000 for the CSO figure.

And I’d divide the UN figure by both Nigerian nationals and Dual nationals. Someone had the total yesterday is there around 13,000 people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

PinotNero wrote: »
    Here is an article from the Irish Times in 2015.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/migrant-workers-in-ireland-sent-home-1-3bn-last-year-1.2250468

It states:
    The agency’s Sending Money Home: European flows and markets report showed more than 30 per cent of the outflow from Ireland, equating to $392 million, went to Nigeria.

The source is the UN’s International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)

Downloaded that report. From the methodology page (pg. 38) it appears they leaned almost exclusively on the foggy World Bank data to compile the report.

Someone should send the World Bank and the UN press clippings from the past few days so they know what effect sh*tty stats and lazy re-purposing of the same can have. Someone in the UN basically cogged the World Bank's bad homework and got paid for it.

CSO should also take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It’s not 10,000 it’s just under 7,000 for the CSO figure.

And I’d divide the UN figure by both Nigerian nationals and Dual nationals. Someone had the total yesterday is there around 13,000 people?
    Even at a count of 40K it would barely be credible. I'm more amused that the WB had to comment and has been dragged into his little world through no fault of their own!

Even at a count of 40K it would barely be credible. I'm more amused that the WB had to comment and has been dragged into his little world through no fault of their own!

It’s all that Nigerian princes fault.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭noinc

So you think 2 wrongs make a right? We all know that politicians are greedy and dishonest but there is no need to turn a blind eye to our country being milked while Irish people are denied rights due to a "lack of funding"

noinc wrote: »
    So you think 2 wrongs make a right?

Who you talking to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It’s all that Nigerian princes fault.

:D

That lad is solid. He's all my savings tucked away and as soon as he regains power I'm quids in!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Yurt! wrote: »
    Downloaded that report. From the methodology page (pg. 38) it appears they leaned almost exclusively on the foggy World Bank data to compile the report.

Someone should send the World Bank and the UN press clippings from the past few days so they know what effect sh*tty stats and lazy re-purposing of the same can have. Someone in the UN basically cogged the World Bank's bad homework and got paid for it.

CSO should also take note.

i'd have serious doubts about any stats coming out of these two institutions going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Hmm. From the WB themselves apparently. Note the "urgent need" to improve such "data collection".

https://www.thejournal.ie/personal-remittance-ireland-to-nigeria-world-bank-4891522-Nov2019/

Surprisingly, the CSO said, in the same link you provide:

"The spokesperson said remittance information is difficult to compile for national statistics offices and is “usually based on administrative sources and modelling rather than direct collection”. "

More importantly:

"The spokesperson added that the CSO is “currently investigating new approaches to deriving remittance information”. "

Surely that means they believe their current approach is resulting in an incorrect answer?

People in glasshouses and all that. I have shown already on this thread that the correlation between the World Bank and the CSO figures generally holds with the exception of Nigeria and China.

You know what? If we end up getting accurate data out of this, Grealish may well have done the country some service.

I'd imagine with the accelerating adoption of blockchain, we'll have highly accurate figures for things like this in a matter of years though anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

You know what? If we end up getting accurate data out of this, Grealish may well have done the country some service.

I'd imagine with the accelerating adoption of blockchain, we'll have highly accurate figures for things like this in a matter of years though anyway.

You know what?......this ain’t the X factor...

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ollkiller

So you think 2 wrongs make a right? We all know that politicians are greedy and dishonest but there is no need to turn a blind eye to our country being milked while Irish people are denied rights due to a "lack of funding"

What in the hell are you on about lad. The country isn't being milked unless you have the proof yourself. Go on. Sharing is caring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

With Noel it's pure opportunism, racism just happens to be the vehicle.

I'd actually have more respect for a full on card carrying racist.

But sure it's hardly surprising the absolute cretin calling people spongers and he creaming 100s of 1000s in unvouched expenses. You couldn't make it up.

No you wouldn’t have more respect for a full on card carrying racist.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ollkiller

i'd have serious doubts about any stats coming out of these two institutions going forward

Did you look at the methodologies that each used. The CSO is based on assumptions and statistics. Grand. Like the population size of the immigrants. It's not perfect but when you study the methodology that the World Bank used (and faugheen put up the link to that pages ago) you will realise the World Bank one is absolute loony tune economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Was it not fear of beig accused of racism that allowed a group of Muslims continue with grooming young girls across The UK?

ah feck off

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    You know what?......this ain’t the X factor...

OK champ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Accurate figures yes perhaps. Some service - no. It is a crim's dream - no trace to a person whether the money is big or small.

OK champ

That was amazing..

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    That was amazing..

Right back at you. Your contribution to this thread has been out of this world. 10/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Was it not fear of beig accused of racism that allowed a group of Muslims continue with grooming young girls across The UK?

So you think people observed a pedophile ring and thought they better say nowt for fear of being called racist? :):)

Thanks for proving my point by the way.
    This is the kind of quality support Grealish is attracting and he seems happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Definitely was. But no one gives a shti until it hits close to home.
    If you want to hide something or don't want people investigating what you're at just shout racist. Works every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    No you wouldn’t have more respect for a full on card carrying racist.

I certainly would.

They wouldn't be any less of a cretin but at least they would be honest, unlike the usual dozen frauds on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

So you think people observed a pedophile ring and thought they better say nowt for fear of being called racist? :):)

Thanks for proving my point by the way.
    This is the kind of quality support Grealish is attracting and he seems happy enough.

If you want to research this it's exactly what happened. Even admitted by a UK politician. Better to say nothing for the good of multiculturalism as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I certainly would.

They wouldn't be any less of a cretin but at least they would be honest, unlike the usual dozen frauds on here.

So you have greater respect for Hitler than Noel Grealish? Really?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    So you have greater respect for Hitler than Noel Grealish? Really?

Jaysus lad not all racists are mass murderers or Hitler.

They are usually just simpletons living out of their Mothers spare room.

• Advertisement

Jaysus lad not all racists are mass murderers or Hitler.

They are usually just simpletons living out of their Mothers spare room.

Or simpletons payin 1500 a month in rent.....

Advertisement