Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Grealish

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

Strazdas wrote: »
    Those figures sound identical to the World Bank figures ie. highly questionable.

$392m going from Ireland to Nigeria a year equates to $7.5m a week. Those numbers sound crazy (even Nigerian criminals wouldn't have access to that amount of money).

Afaik the Nigerians control the crack cocaine trade here. the average crack head spend is off the richter scale, 10 minutes later they're good to go again. Dunno what the estimate is for spending on it in ireland, but its growing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Boggles wrote: »
    Jaysus lad not all racists are mass murderers or Hitler.

They are usually just simpletons living out of their Mothers spare room.

So you didn’t mean what you said?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    So you didn’t mean what you said?

I did yeah.

You just went hyper Godwin too quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Boggles wrote: »
    I did yeah.

You just went hyper Godwin too quickly.

Obviously you didn’t mean what you said. What you said is absurd and ridiculous and doubling down on that is twice as ridiculous.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

So, the moral of the story is that some ex PD scumbag used dodgy figures, while ignoring other more realistic figures, to send up a flare to attract the simple minded then?

Mmmmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If you want to research this it's exactly what happened. Even admitted by a UK politician. Better to say nothing for the good of multiculturalism as I remember.

Idiotic. It's okay to be a bit racist because sometimes minorities engage in criminality, (like the rest of us)? I don't think so.
    Irrelevant to the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Idiotic. It's okay to be a bit racist because sometimes the racists have a point? I don't think so.
    Irrelevant to the point.

So Matt your point hasn't been proven. It's ok to be a racist when the racist has a point..really. we'll Matt did the so called racists have a point about rotherham then.
    And being irrelevant to the point you were the one suggesting a blind eye wasn't turned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

Balf wrote: »
    We can narrow it down more.

The World Bank fiddle a little with information they get from the Nigerian Central Bank. That's the basis for the €500m figure reported in the Indo.

The CSO try to guess how much a migrant might be able to afford to send home, which seems like a peculiarly irrelevant way of arriving at a figure.

So its really who you think has a better grasp of how much money leaves Ireland and arrives in Nigeria, our CSO or their Central Bank.

Although, even if their Central Bank figure pans out, I'd still wonder if it has anything to do with money transfer services routing transactions from across Europe through Dublin for tax reasons. But that's just speculation on my part.

Imagine a world with information you could rely on.

Sounds like there is a massive panic going on to bury and not report the real figures

The CSO figure that our Government is dying in the ditch for is obviously makey up.

Wouldn't be the first time dodgy government statistics were used, Gardai management are the fondest of making them up, even the CSO refused sign off on Gardai managements claimed crime stats.

Again, why are you so happy to dismiss information sourced from the Nigerian Central Bank?

lol, they wouldn't be racist would they ? But an excellent question, why indeed do they not believe the figures from the Nigerian Central Bank, in used by the World Bank to form theirs ?

Why does Leo and his CSO think they know better than the Nigerian Central Bank ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So you think people observed a pedophile ring and thought they better say nowt for fear of being called racist? :):)

Thanks for proving my point by the way.
    This is the kind of quality support Grealish is attracting and he seems happy enough.

You haven’t read up on Rotherham, have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Tony EH wrote: »
    So, the moral of the story is that some ex PD scumbag used dodgy figures, while ignoring other more realistic figures, to send up a flare to attract the simple minded then?

Mmmmmm.

Strong words there lad, the voters that elected him might disagree with you.

Or are they scumbags and simple minded as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Aww...is your politics hurt? Poor you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

high_king wrote: »
    lol, they wouldn't be racist would they ? But an excellent question, why indeed do they not believe the figures from the Nigerian Central Bank, in used by the World Bank to form theirs ?

Why does Leo and his CSO think they know better than the Nigerian Central Bank ?

Just look at their methodology and you'll know why.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Yes one hundred percent. You have this thread to observe how mindless mouth breathing simpletons fall easily to false headlines. And then see how quickly they resort to casual racism.

These people aren’t scientists or scholars mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

The figures don't really matter.
    Grealish was undoubtedly being disingenuous and getting some publicity to boost his election chances which it likely will.
    I'd imagine the true figures are probably somewhere near what the CSO said.

What is also undoubtedly the case is that had the Grealish figures been correct, the yowling SJW mob would still have screeched racist at him. There is a cohort which will just screech racist whenever any minority or immigration strategy is questioned or criticised.

crossman47 wrote: »
    Just look at their methodology and you'll know why.

What's wrong with the Nigerian central bank's methodology exactly ? Racist are you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Jesus Christ, this idea that questioning the Nigerian data or suggesting it's wrong is in fact racist is just so f**king infantile.

Jackman25 wrote: »
    The figures don't really matter.
    Grealish was undoubtedly being disingenuous and getting some publicity to boost his election chances which it likely will.
    I'd imagine the true figures are probably somewhere near what the CSO said.

What is also undoubtedly the case is that had the Grealish figures been correct, the yowling SJW mob would still have screeched racist at him. There is a cohort which will just screech racist whenever any minority or immigration strategy is questioned or criticised.

Politics have truly rotted peoples brains. People cant think outside of words like SJW, conservative, left, liberal, right etc. Literally what Orwell wrote about.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

osarusan wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, this idea that questioning the Nigerian data or suggesting it's wrong is in fact racist is just so f**king infantile.

I have to agree with you, but then equally, the idea that questioning that the amount of money sent to Nigeria from Ireland needs investigating is also racist is equally infantile.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    I have to agree with you, but then equally, the idea that questioning that the amount of money sent to Nigeria from Ireland needs investigating is also racist is equally infantile.

What was it again? 00.07% of the GDP?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

sk8erboii wrote: »
    What was it again? 00.07% of the GDP?

If the cash economy is 20% of GDP, that isn't impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

What's wrong with the Nigerian central bank's methodology exactly ? Racist are you ?

I'm not. They distribute all monies coming into Nigeria according to the number of Nigerians in each country (thats reasonable) and the country's GDP (thats daft).

crossman47 wrote: »
    I'm not. They distribute all monies coming into Nigeria according to the number of Nigerians in each country (thats reasonable) and the country's GDP (thats daft).

Who are you to call Nigerians daft, you white supremacists are all the same.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Not to pick on you specifically, but there have been numerous posts like this and it’s all very childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Everyone is a racist except for me, and that makes me better than all of you.

JJayoo wrote: »
    Everyone is a racist except for me, and that makes me better than all of you.

Lol. Your golden boy is proven a fraud. Now you’re calling us self righteous because of it.

This is the level of discourse of Grealish supporters. Truly bottom of the barrell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

That's one thing they are not. The ones falling for their scams and making sure they get their handouts are daft.
    Before you start screaming racist this is aimed at the ones here to scam instead of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Faugheen wrote: »
    He has no evidence.

He’s a ‘wanker whipping up fear’, as our President once so eloquently said.

He saw what being a generalising racist did to Peter Casey and is appealing to that vote, and the same morons who fell for it when Casey was doing it are falling for it again.

https://gript.ie/thejournal-grealish-dishonest/?fbclid=IwAR2Tnf6HR3QeLFBZ-jOyzk6wtHvHqzbhV0CZZEBRWbGgNDofDXir_sC4qz0

The CSO figures show a constant 17 million since 2010 even though the Nigerian numbers in Ireland have changed. The World bank have also stated that their figures are not accurate .Nigerian authorities have questioned these remittances and claimed its criminal activity .I did see a reason back in 2013 that it was criminal activity in Europe and the money was transferred through Ireland .
    The only mistake he made was phrasing his question and not having the detail .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Sounds suspiciously like they are trying to panic bury the real data. Fair play to grealish for shining a light on all this. What’s wrong with a bit of transparency

Advertisement