Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Grealish

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sounds suspiciously like they are trying to panic bury the real data. Fair play to grealish for shining a light on all this. What’s wrong with a bit of transparency
    Why is it posters imagine well-qualified people just panic out of hand? Numbers are guesstimates with the Nigerian one looking thoroughly dodgy and pie in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

is_that_so wrote: »
    Why is it posters imagine well-qualified people just panic out of hand? Numbers are guesstimates with the Nigerian one looking thoroughly dodgy and pie in the sky.

I’m amazed boardsies are now experts on complex Nigerian and Irish financial data and wish to lecture us all.

I’m happy to take the confirmed world bank stats which Noel G referenced. Thanks

I’m amazed boardsies are now experts on complex Nigerian and Irish financial data and wish to lecture us all.

I’m happy to take the world banks stats which Noel G referenced. Thanks
    Yes fellow lecturer! You seem to be the type of voter he's talking to, who'll take the idiot's word because it suits your view of the world!

He’s far from an idiot

The numbers did astonish me though. Billions leaving this country - really makes you think. Imagine what that type of money could do to - to pick 3 examples-

the housing crisis,

health system

or the education system.

Open to correction but I’m pretty sure very little of that money comes back into the economy of Ireland having left?

He’s far from an idiot

The numbers did astonish me though. Billions leaving this country - really makes you think.
    Not remotely credible though. 40K a head?! CSO of 1.7K is more real-world.

• Advertisement

Not remotely credible though. 40K a head?! CSO of 1.7K is more real-world.

Sorry now but I’m going to take world bank official figures and not some random boardsies “back of the cornflake box” opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The only astonishing thing about the numbers is the mouth breathers who believe them.

Over a million a day been sent to Nigeria.

:pac:

Sorry now but I’m going to take world bank official figures and not some random boardsies “back of the cornflake box” opinion.
    It's not an opinion it's very basic maths! They've said themselves they are not reliable and that big number is the WB number.

If anyone wants to discredit the official world bank figures please detail your academic credentials and expertise in the area of international finance

Otherwise why should anyone take your back of a beermat analysis seriously ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

The astonishing thing to me is the amount of empty heads who are against this even being investigated.

• Advertisement

If anyone wants to discredit the official world bank figures please detail your academic credentials and expertise in the area of international finance

The WB raising flags themselves is not good enough for you? You do know they only publish the numbers, states supply them.

The astonishing thing to me is the amount of empty heads who are against this even being investigated.

It’s almost like they are in panic mode and must shut down any objective investigation ASAP !

Mad ted

I'm not against a pointless investigation just as long as we can find some idiot to pay for it, that is not the Irish taxpayer! Maybe Nigeria can help us out!:)

I'm not against a pointless investigation just as long as we can find some idiot to pay for it, that is not the Irish taxpayer! Maybe Nigeria can help us out!:)

Who do you think is funding the money being sent out of the country if true. Do you think social welfare comes from Nigeria. Have a wee think about it. An investigation could save the country money.

Who do you think is funding the money being sent out of the country if true. Do you think social welfare comes from Nigeria. Have a wee think about it. An investigation could save the country money.

Do you think over 1 million euro of Irish social protection money is been sent to Nigeria daily?

Maybe you have seen some evidence that suggests this so by means, link it up?

Or are you simply basing it on some fat slap head trying to play Mini Donny and get reelected?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Ordinary joe soap (from Nigeria) would hardly scratch the surface with the figures he's quoting.

With regards to the EU nation's, we are all one now. Money made in one county by a worker is that person own business, what or where he sends it is up to him as long as it's within the law.

What law are people breaking? What next, People who shop in the north are traitor's? Gimme a break.

40k a head from the WB figures is really not credible. You seem to know a whole lot more than anyone else, so maybe you can enlighten us. No idea what welfare is doing in this but if someone is getting enough to send 40K p.a. to Nigeria I want in on that!

The world bank has said that Nigeria calculates the figure based on the sending countries gdp. GDP goes right over my head, I can’t understand it at all. But I believe Ireland’s GDP is grossly over calculated.

What I’d like to know is - is the global total remitted to Nigeria accurate enough?

I don’t have faith in either guesstimate tbh.

Boggles wrote: »
    Do you think over 1 million euro of Irish social protection money is been sent to Nigeria daily?

Or are you simply basing it on some fat slap head trying to play Mini Donny and get reelected?
    Did I say 1 million a day was being sent. Use the translator a bit slower and you might understand what I meant.

Did I say 1 million a day was being sent. Use the translator a bit slower and you might understand what I meant.
    The WB number is €392m so over a million a day.

• Advertisement

Did I say 1 million a day was being sent.

So what numbers are you working off?

Are money transfer companies like western union obliged to give breakdowns of where transactions begin and end? I know the banks provide this info.

Ah the ad hominem attacks.

Knew they were coming along soon enough

When you can’t attack the argument attack the man instead. Classy...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

How do you know it's all social protection money ?

Any link to back up that claim ?

Ah the ad hominem attacks.

Knew they were coming along soon enough

When you can’t attack the argument attack the man instead. Classy...

The argument is nonsense the man is a cretin.

Now if you have evidence that disproves either, please link it up?

Yes but I never said 1 million of social welfare money did I.

Official world bank stats

Not “found in a cornflake box” opinion from boardsies.

I never realized boards had so many experts on Nigerian financial data!

I’ll take NGs official stats thanks

Official world bank stats

Not “found in a cornflake box” opinion from boardsies.

I never realized boards had so many experts on Nigerian financial data!

I’ll take NGs official stats thanks

So you believe over 1 million euro is sent from Ireland to Nigeria Daily?

Would you be interested in buying this bottle of smoke?

Well let's investigate it further to see who the cretins are. Or are you worried it might turn out to be true.

• Advertisement

weisses wrote: »
    How do you know it's all social protection money ?

Any link to back up that claim ?
    I never said it was. I think you've replied to the wrong post.

Advertisement