Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Grealish

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Boggles wrote: »
    So you believe over 1 million euro is sent from Ireland to Nigeria Daily?

Would you be interested in buying this bottle of smoke?

Was always thinking you were smoking something.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yes but I never said 1 million of social welfare money did I.
    I don't think anyone's clear how social welfare popped into this discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Well let's investigate it further to see who the cretins are. Or are you worried it might turn out to be true.

Why would we waste money on an under resourced fraud squads time because some testicle headed cretin has decided to double down on his reelection campaign?

Maybe we should just look into the 100s of 1000s he has creamed in unvouched expenses, what is he hiding?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Why would we waste money on an under resourced fraud squads time because some testicle headed cretin has decided to double down on his reelection campaign?

Maybe we should just look into the 100s of 1000s he has creamed in unvouched expenses, what is he hiding?

More insults to the man’s appearance. Throw up a photo of yourself there and let’s have open season on you instead?

Oh...not so brave now eh...

Look we need to have a full investigation of the whole thing. The figures are absolutely shocking and scandalous if true so we need to get some clarity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

Do you think over 1 million euro of Irish social protection money is been sent to Nigeria daily?

Maybe you have seen some evidence that suggests this so by means, link it up?

Or are you simply basing it on some fat slap head trying to play Mini Donny and get reelected?

Slap head? What has him losing his hair got to do with anything? The hypocrisy of your pontificating ilk never ceases to amaze

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Please provide examples of anyone arrested for overstaying a deportation order or evidence of any such overstayers.

https://youtu.be/HJGCMF_bSFM

This link shows that like the remittances they have not got a clue as its self deportation and a deportation order can be revoked if they stay 5 years .
    These shams have gone on long enough the racist card is played out .

Ireland is a member of the world bank group. It’s made up of governments. They (just like the CSO) are already paid to find the statistics. They both need to re-evaluate how they compile 2019s data.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Slap head? What has him losing his hair got to do with anything? The hypocrisy of your pontificating ilk never ceases to amaze

There seems to be no depth of the sewer that particular poster refuses to descend into :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

More insults to the man’s appearance. Throw up a photo of yourself there and let’s have open season on you instead?

Oh...not so brave now eh...

:pac:
    Look we need to have a full investigation of the whole thing. The figures are absolutely shocking and scandalous if true so we need to get some clarity.

We don't because they are not true.

But before we start throwing money at it, why can't Noel engage with the public and explain the figures and his motivations behind only putting one set of fairly dubious "stats" on the record?

Make his case if you will.

It would seem his default is cowardice, 2 obvious reasons this.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ollkiller

I’m amazed boardsies are now experts on complex Nigerian and Irish financial data and wish to lecture us all.

I’m happy to take the confirmed world bank stats which Noel G referenced. Thanks

The World Bank themselves have said the figures are not reliable and you're still happy to accept the World bank figures.

Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I don't support NG over his claims about remittances.

The data are too poor to make any findings.

I do support him about the bogus AS.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Geuze wrote: »
    I do support him about the bogus AS.

Bogus asylum seekers aside, he chose to use the more outrageous figures, despite having having access to more reasonable ones. He did this as a dog whistle to people of a certain mindset.

So, at best, he's just a moron who doesn't know anything about erring on the side of caution, when dealing with statistics.

Or, he's a scumbag who was only interested in whipping up the simple minded into a frenzy.

Either way, his judgement is in serious question.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The world bank has said that Nigeria calculates the figure based on the sending countries gdp. GDP goes right over my head, I can’t understand it at all. But I believe Ireland’s GDP is grossly over calculated.

What I’d like to know is - is the global total remitted to Nigeria accurate enough?

I don’t have faith in either guesstimate tbh.

In an earlier post, I pointed out that generally the World Bank figures were 2-3 times the amount of the CSO figures for most countries with two exceptions - Nigeria and China.

It is not racist to point out those exceptions and anomalies and ask that they be checked.

It’s not racist at all blanch. And anyone who would say it is just sounds like an idiot.

There seems to be no depth of the sewer that particular poster refuses to descend into :(

The banks could investigate this as amounts over 100k and are auto flagged for revenue if required . They also ask account holders about unusual transfers .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,685 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

rgossip30 wrote: »

This link shows that like the remittances they have not got a clue as its self deportation and a deportation order can be revoked if they stay 5 years .

Facts please, not a YouTube video. If that's all you have then please concede that you have no evidence of overstaying by deportees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Jackman25 wrote: »
    The figures don't really matter.
    Grealish was undoubtedly being disingenuous and getting some publicity to boost his election chances which it likely will.
    I'd imagine the true figures are probably somewhere near what the CSO said.

What is also undoubtedly the case is that had the Grealish figures been correct, the yowling SJW mob would still have screeched racist at him. There is a cohort which will just screech racist whenever any minority or immigration strategy is questioned or criticised.

Has Revenue or the Department of Finance any way of tracking this money or where it is coming from? Can I ask you Taoiseach are there mechanisms in place to ensure that the money that leaves this country in personal remittances has been fully accounted for with the Irish Revenue and tax system and is not the proceeds of crime or fraud?”

The above is what he asked. Since he asked it, we have found out that, no, there are no mechanisms in place to ensure that the money that leaves this country in personal remittances has been fully accounted for with the Irish Revenue and tax system and is not the proceeds of crime or fraud. His question was 100% valid and has exposed a massive flaw.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Facts please, not a YouTube video. If that's all you have then please concede that you have no evidence of overstaying by deportees.

Well if the government does not know how do I .I thought it was plain enough in the video they dont have a clue hopefully it will embarrass them enough to find out .
    Those who actually do get deported are arrested before they make an asylum claim.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/state-deported-more-than-5-000-people-in-2018-1.4031824

https://www.thejournal.ie/deportation-orders-issued-for-92-children-last-year-4720914-Jul2019/
    See numbers of deportations for those in the state .

I have not made any claim otherwise .You need to direct this to another poster .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭basillarkin

It’s not racist at all blanch. And anyone who would say it is just sounds like an idiot.

Of course it's not racist but his show out in outhergard most definitely was.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Of course it's not racist but his show out in outhergard most definitely was.

Agreed, but we have well established that the people of Ougtherard, Achill, Rooskey, Ballinamore etc. have racist tendencies, but that is a separate issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

rgossip30 wrote: »

Unless you’ve any evidence of people remaining here after receiving a deportation order (beyond those who have had to have their deportation enforced), it’s fair enough to accept that they have left the country. And deportation orders are not revoked after five years.

The biggest example of racism on here today is coming from the sjw gang against noel grealish.
    Once you start attacking a person's appearance you know you are grasping at straws to back up your argument.
    I wonder if the same insults were used against some of our new friends would it be allowed. Don't think so,but then again that's not politically correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

blanch152 wrote: »
    Agreed, but we have well established that the people of Ougtherard, Achill, Rooskey, Ballinamore etc. have racist tendencies, but that is a separate issue.

Who is "we"? How have ye established that the people of Oughterard, Aichill, Rookley and Balllinamore have racist tendencies? I'd nearly say it's racist to lob that description on whole communities

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

The biggest example of racism on here today is coming from the sjw gang against noel grealish.
    Once you start attacking a person's appearance you know you are grasping at straws to back up your argument.
    I wonder if the same insults were used against some of our new friends would it be allowed. Don't think so,but then again that's not politically correct.

It’s well known that highlighting baldness is racist. Gotcha.

alastair wrote: »
    It’s well known that highlighting baldness is racist. Gotcha.

Is baldness the only insult you seen. Have you selective sight. Oh you think it's okay to slander someone's appearance if they say something you don't like. Gotcha.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

The weaponising of people’s ignorance to make a racist dig at one nationality and ensuing reaction is something to behold.

If you believe €1million leaves Ireland for Nigeria every day, I have a lovely bridge in London I can sell you.

If you believe that €1 million a day is all coming from social welfare claims then you’re beyond help.

The weaponising of people’s ignorance to make a racist dig at one nationality and ensuing reaction is something to behold.

If you believe €1million leaves Ireland for Nigeria every day, I have a lovely bridge in London I can sell you.

If you believe that €1 million a day is all coming from social welfare claims then you’re beyond help.

Where is it said its ALL coming from welfare claims. Einstein

Do you believe that the below is unacceptable to ask?? Do you think that it is OK that vast amounts of money are leaving Ireland without any mechanisms to make sure it is all legal and above board??

“Has Revenue or the Department of Finance any way of tracking this money or where it is coming from? Can I ask you Taoiseach are there mechanisms in place to ensure that the money that leaves this country in personal remittances has been fully accounted for with the Irish Revenue and tax system and is not the proceeds of crime or fraud?”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Do you believe that the below is unacceptable to ask?? Do you think that it is OK that vast amounts of money are leaving Ireland without any mechanisms to make sure it is all legal and above board??

“Has Revenue or the Department of Finance any way of tracking this money or where it is coming from? Can I ask you Taoiseach are there mechanisms in place to ensure that the money that leaves this country in personal remittances has been fully accounted for with the Irish Revenue and tax system and is not the proceeds of crime or fraud?”

So hes saying all the Nigerians sending that million a day are involved in crime?

Wow.

• Advertisement

So hes saying all the Nigerians sending that million a day are involved in crime?

Wow.

Where?? I don't see him saying that. Could you bold the bit where he says that in what I quoted??

Advertisement