Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Grealish

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,685 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

The biggest example of racism on here today is coming from the sjw gang against noel grealish.
    Once you start attacking a person's appearance you know you are grasping at straws to back up your argument.
    I wonder if the same insults were used against some of our new friends would it be allowed. Don't think so,but then again that's not politically correct.

Racism against male-pattern baldness? That's a unique slant on the word.

Is baldness the only insult you seen. Have you selective sight. Oh you think it's okay to slander someone's appearance if they say something you don't like. Gotcha.

Calling someone a slaphead is racist in your book? You may be in the running for the most sensitive soul on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Calling someone a slaphead is racist in your book? You may be in the running for the most sensitive soul on boards.ie.

Far far from sensitive, just can't stand you crowd with your double standards. Rather attack your own to be seen to be a mighty sjw. That's if they are your own . The agenda here is trying to make it so no one will be allowed to question a suspicious circumstance if it involves certain communities. End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Travellers be giving out soon they don’t have as much money as the Nigerian population .
    I wonder what side will the PC brigade be on ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Where?? I don't see him saying that. Could you bold the bit where he says that in what I quoted??

“Has Revenue or the Department of Finance any way of tracking this money or where it is coming from? Can I ask you Taoiseach are there mechanisms in place to ensure that the money that leaves this country in personal remittances has been fully accounted for with the Irish Revenue and tax system and is not the proceeds of crime or fraud?”

I worked years ago in a bar and had a polish lad and a lativian woman both saving to go home and buy a house. I think the lad sent his money home and she just saved here.
    I’m not seeing how thats wrong or that’s any different than what’s happening here apart from his using as a dog whistle because in this case it’s black people doing the same. He’s suggesting criminality in it. There’s something like 17;000 Nigerians here so that works out about €1000 each. Presumably a year. Which works about at under €20 each a week.

I’m really not seeing how that’s in any way criminal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The biggest example of racism on here today is coming from the sjw gang against noel grealish.
    Once you start attacking a person's appearance you know you are grasping at straws to back up your argument.
    I wonder if the same insults were used against some of our new friends would it be allowed. Don't think so,but then again that's not politically correct.

** Clutches pearl beads **

Far far from sensitive, just can't stand you crowd with your double standards. Rather attack your own to be seen to be a mighty sjw. That's if they are your own . The agenda here is trying to make it so no one will be allowed to question a suspicious circumstance if it involves certain communities. End of.

In short you no longer believe criticising baldness to be racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Boggles wrote: »

Where did you have them??

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

The usual bull**** of ‘sjw’ ‘Liberal lefty’ bollocks.

For those who bitch and moan at people being called racists you sure love to throw your own terms around.

I’m still waiting for someone to answer if they believe €1m a day is being sent to Nigeria from Ireland.

Of course they won’t because even they know it’s ridiculous, but it doesn’t help their crusade against the black lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

Faugheen wrote: »

For those who bitch and moan at people being called racists you sure love to throw your own terms around.

I’m still waiting for someone to answer if they believe €1m a day is being sent to Nigeria from Ireland.

Of course they won’t because even they know it’s ridiculous, but it doesn’t help their crusade against the black lads.

What do you care what the figure is. You would still be screeching racist at him whether it was 20 pence a day or 20 million.

• Advertisement

Jackman25 wrote: »
    What do you care what the figure is. You would still be screeching racist at him whether it was 20 pence a day or 20 million.

There’s loads of different nationalities living in Ireland.

Why did he single Nigerians out?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Because it was the top of the list ?!

Boggles wrote: »

The likes of this poster showed their true intentions when they launched vicious attacks of a personal nature against deputy Grealish. Best ignored.

I also invited the poster to upload their own photo so that we can have open season and make personal comments on their own appearance but all we got was silence and tumbleweed

As expected, cowardly rubbish

Because it was the top of the list ?!

There are more polish people here than Nigerian as far as I know.

So...

There are more polish people here than Nigerian as far as I know.

So...

No, the amount that they are sending back was top is what I mean

No, the amount that they are sending back was top is what I mean

Which works out at less than €20 each a week for each Nigerian here...so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

The cso figures are laughable, dont take into account any black economy or criminality, more people now attending coolmine addicted to crack than heroin
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.rte.ie/amp/1008170/&ved=2ahUKEwjJudrdsuzlAhUGVRUIHSZeA2AQFjACegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw0pPhp8e4yoG_VGJYwfgPTy&ampcf=1
    The meth didnt really take off for the Nigerian gangs but being industrious they hit a winner with the crack.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/african-gangs-use-front-businesses-to-sell-meth-29278015.html

Aye, its all just a crusade against the black lads as you say.
    Pity the cops didnt do a crusade against them years ago, the genie is out of the bottle with crack cocaine now.

enricoh wrote: »
    The cso figures are laughable, dont take into account any black economy or criminality, more people now attending coolmine addicted to crack than heroin
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.rte.ie/amp/1008170/&ved=2ahUKEwjJudrdsuzlAhUGVRUIHSZeA2AQFjACegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw0pPhp8e4yoG_VGJYwfgPTy&ampcf=1
    The meth didnt really take off for the Nigerian gangs but being industrious they hit a winner with the crack.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/african-gangs-use-front-businesses-to-sell-meth-29278015.html

I’ll ask you again

Do you honestly believe €1million a day is being sent from Ireland to Nigeria?

I don't know. Quite likely disingenuous and playing to a section of his electorate and getting himself some good publicity in advance of an impending election.

But had he been genuine and his figures correct, he would have still got the same reaction which is my point.

Jackman25 wrote: »

Do you honestly believe €1million euro a day is being sent from Ireland to Nigeria?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Why not single out a particular nationality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I worked years ago in a bar and had a polish lad and a lativian woman both saving to go home and buy a house. I think the lad sent his money home and she just saved here.
    I’m not seeing how thats wrong or that’s any different than what’s happening here apart from his using as a dog whistle because in this case it’s black people doing the same. He’s suggesting criminality in it. There’s something like 17;000 Nigerians here so that works out about €1000 each. Presumably a year. Which works about at under €20 each a week.

I’m really not seeing how that’s in any way criminal.

So you cannot point out anything racist or anything about Nigerians being criminals in what he said?? That's all you needed to say. No need for the rest of the anecdotal waffle.

Because in the World Bank figures, they were sending a lot more than anyone else. Would be a bit stupid picking the country with the 2nd highest amount of remittances, no?

So you cannot point out anything racist or anything about Nigerians being criminals in what he said?? That's all you needed to say. No need for the rest of the anecdotal waffle.

It was a racist dog whistle. Let’s be honest.
    That you deny that it was says it all.

Do you honestly believe €1million euro a day is being sent from Ireland to Nigeria?

I’d say the figures need to be fully audited. It’s scary. That money would make a huge difference to Ireland.

No.
    As I have said, I would imagine on balance of probability that the CSO is probably near enough the correct figure.

I’d say the figures need to be fully audited. It’s scary. That money would make a huge difference to Ireland.

Do you believe €1million euro a day is being sent from Ireland to Nigeria?

It was a racist dog whistle. Let’s be honest.
    That you deny that it was says it all.

Hold on, i gave you a quote of exactly what was said, and you replied with

"So hes saying all the Nigerians sending that million a day are involved in crime?

Wow."

You were asked to clarify what part of the his quote stated that all Nigerians were involved with crime. You couldn't then and you can't now. Now it's some special racist code rather than him saying it. Make up your mind. :rolleyes:

You’re assuming it’s not their money and they haven’t earned it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Which works out at less than €20 each a week for each Nigerian here...so

50,000 Nigerians, seems about right.

Advertisement