Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Grealish

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

sk8erboii wrote: »
    Lol. Your golden boy is proven a fraud. Now you’re calling us self righteous because of it.

This is the level of discourse of Grealish supporters. Truly bottom of the barrell.

No I mean literally everyone else including Grealish, and especially you, I am the only one not racist, and most importantly I am great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

blanch152 wrote: »
    Utterly wrong position? Are people not allowed to have differing opinions any more?

He called all Africans coming here spongers.
    Then went on in a racist dig in the Dáil.
    All in the hope he’s triggered his constituents enough to get himself re-elected.

That’s a differing opinion to be sure.

But it’s bald racism. No two ways about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

So Matt your point hasn't been proven. It's ok to be a racist when the racist has a point..really. we'll Matt did the so called racists have a point about rotherham then.
    And being irrelevant to the point you were the one suggesting a blind eye wasn't turned.

My point is racism isn't a positive good thing. I'll stand by that.

Say what? I was paraphrasing that lad I was in discussion with.

It's never okay to be a racist, IMO.

Nope, I was saying people say 'religion isn't a race' when trying to dodge the deserved title of racist.
    That particular tale is idiotic and because some idiots turn a blind eye does not excuse any form of racism. Sometimes people do bad things, people. If a member of a group is the culprit of a crime it does not excuse being racist or discriminatory to an entire group. If a person from the legion of mary or Belgium kicks you in the shin you can't say, see I was right they're all something something.
    This is sesame street level logic lads/lassies, trans gender, two spirit, Gay, Queer, lesbians ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Suppose you want to call them economic migrants coming here for a life time of benefits and social housing .

Nothing too see here the censorship Nazis are in control

blanch152 wrote: »
    Utterly wrong position? Are people not allowed to have differing opinions any more?

Speech is free, but there's accountability Blanch, unless you're in FF/FG.

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    Suppose you want to call them economic migrants coming here for a life time of benefits and social housing .

You call out the individuals not the entire nation boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Like sjw and leftists and libtards

Those terms aren't used by the mainstream media so don't have the same power

• Registered Users Posts: 52,014 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

All in the hope he’s triggered his constituents enough to get himself re-elected.

That’s a differing opinion to be sure.

But it’s bald racism. No two ways about it.

But very few of them work or seemingly want to work.
    So why are they here?
    The good amount of social welfare couldn’t have anything to do with it, could it?

You need to take that up with him.

His own website has a family biography that speaks of his family members going overseas for ‘work’
    Somehow it’s ok when his own does it but not anyone coming here.
    Immigration is a ok when the Grealish family do it going overseas.
    Not ok if anyone comes here.

Please

So why are they here?
    The good amount of social welfare couldn’t have anything to do with it, could it?

Spend a week in a direct provision center and come back to us with your insights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Spend a week in a direct provision center and come back to us with your insights

And what has that to do with the lack of employment or want to be employed

So why are they here?

So if a few Irish lads go the the states and work, undocumented, off the books, we should be okay with some politician giving out about Irish immigrants as a whole coming over to dodge tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

So why are they here?

Absolutely nothing to do with it.
    Its like the lad on the add that ended up in ballyhaunis, they stick a pin in the spinning globe.
    They flee Nigeria or wherever, running for their lives n then end up getting a couple of connecting flights to get here.
    We should end the shameful direct provision now - n have someone at the airport handing out keys for houses n signing them up for the aul disability allowance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

What was it like moaning? Have you a blog or anything?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

enricoh wrote: »
    What was it like moaning? Have you a blog or anything?!

Sounds like the only thing he has is a sense of entitlement..
    Has anyone got the actual figures yet??? I won’t hold my breath. The fact that over 60% of Nigerians in Ireland don’t work says a lot

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

hawkelady wrote: »
    Has anyone got the actual figures yet??? I won’t hold my breath. The fact that over 60% of Nigerians in Ireland don’t work says a lot

The fact you believe €1million is sent from Ireland to Nigeria everyday says a lot too.

Don’t tell me you don’t believe this or you haven’t said this. You’ll believe anything that fuels your hatred.

And what has that to do with the lack of employment or want to be employed

The forum charter states that when you make a claim you have to back it up with evidence.

Back your claim up with evidence.

Go for it.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,578 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The forum charter states that when you make a claim you have to back it up with evidence.

Back your claim up with evidence.

Go for it.
    No it does not. Posters can express their own opinions so long as they do so civilly and within the wider provisions of the forum Charter

So if a few Irish lads go the the states and work, undocumented, off the books, we should be okay with some politician giving out about Irish immigrants as a whole coming over to dodge tax?

Jaysus Matt you’re citing one wrong to excuse another.
    I don’t believe we have many, if any, undocumented Nigerians here.
    They’re on the live register surely. Very few working.

The Irish went abroad to work. US don’t believe in free dole.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Beasty wrote: »
    No it does not. Posters can express their own opinions so long as they do so civilly and within the wider provisions of the forum Charter

Point of order

“Do not post any material that you know or should know is hateful, abusive, harassing, false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, vulgar, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or illegal.”

How can we know they’re telling the truth if they don’t post evidence to back up their bollocks claims?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,578 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Faugheen wrote: »
    Point of order

“Do not post any material that you know or should know is hateful, abusive, harassing, false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, vulgar, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or illegal.”

How can we know they’re telling the truth if they don’t post evidence to back up their bollocks claims?
    Do not discuss "points of order" or other matters of moderation in-thread. If you have a question drop me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Is this for real?

60% of Nigerians are not working?

Even though it’s full employment ?!

Is this for real?

Working their heads doesn’t count.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Is this for real?

Someone put up the stat here..... might even be 67% or something like that ... if someone can repost it so we can clarify

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Jaysus Matt you’re citing one wrong to excuse another.
    I don’t believe we have many, if any, undocumented Nigerians here.
    They’re on the live register surely. Very few working.

The Irish went abroad to work. US don’t believe in free dole.

Very true.

The Nigerians etc claiming this that and other in Ireland would’ve been given sweet fcuk all in the states

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Well tell us what the actual real figure is regarding Nigerians sending home money?? Do you know the real figure ? And don’t quote the cso figure cause from reading through this thread , it’s as meant to be made up , just like the million per week.... oh btw, I didn’t say a million per week was being sent home so you can retract your lie with which you accused me of saying. Good lad

There's little to no hard data on the subject, hence the large amount of guess work that produced what are almost certainly overstated figures which grealish pounced on.

Odhinn wrote: »
    There's little to no hard data on the subject, hence the large amount of guess work that produced what are almost certainly overstated figures which grealish pounced on.

Where did Grealish say he got his figures from?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

There are only 2 facts,

No one knows how many immigrants are in Ireland. (illegal or legal)

No one knows how much cash is wired out of the country without having paid VAT, PAYE, USC, PRSI, Income tax, corporation tax to the state.

I'm quoting my own post as everyone is losing their sh1t here, read it and calm down ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Is this for real?

35% of Irish are not working if we are just applying random stats for giggles.

Link to Nigerian employment stats when you get a chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Where did Grealish say he got his figures from?

World bank, afaik. They openly state the problems with their methodology as listed out here, in the link from when this nonsense last came up

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84698399&postcount=153

Advertisement