Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Grealish

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Odhinn wrote: »
    World bank, afaik. They openly state the problems with their methodology as listed out here, in the link from when this nonsense last came up

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84698399&postcount=153

It was World Bank and United Nation's official figures. We're not exactly talking Breitbart here. It has since transpired that there are serious problems with their calculations, and they have been countered with equally spurious figures from the CSO. The truth is, we don't know the exact figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Faugheen wrote: »
    The fact you believe €1million is sent from Ireland to Nigeria everyday says a lot too.

Don’t tell me you don’t believe this or you haven’t said this. You’ll believe anything that fuels your hatred.

I think you need to unfollow this thread, no point having a breakdown over the opinions of strangers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Noel Grealish ...Lord Baelish ...think about it.

baelishCOVER.jpg

"He said that he could understand transfers to other EU countries, but €3.4bn transferred to one non-EU country was astronomical."

For this he was branded a racist. Is it now racist to look to check on payments out of Ireland to ensure it is legal?? €10bn is a huge amount.

Please nigerians are doing well but not THAT well.

https://www.thejournal.ie/noel-grealish-money-sent-from-ireland-to-nigeria-4889805-Nov2019/

Honestly how could ANYONE believe this figure?
    FactCheck: No, €3.5 billion was not sent to Nigeria by people living in Ireland over the past eight years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Say what you like about the Nigerians. They really love their families.
    According to Grealish they’re sending €25000 home *Each* every single one of them.

Fantastic jobs they must have and what dedication. Most of us Irish only see families at funerals.

• Advertisement

Say what you like about the Nigerians. They really love their families.
    According to Grealish they’re sending €25000 home *Each* every single one of them.

Fantastic jobs they must have and what dedication. Most of us Irish only see families at funerals.

LORD BAELISH! :mad:

I am giving this story and this man as much respect as it deserves

Please nigerians are doing well but not THAT well.

https://www.thejournal.ie/noel-grealish-money-sent-from-ireland-to-nigeria-4889805-Nov2019/

Honestly how could ANYONE believe this figure?

Well, before the clarification about the figures emerged, there were plenty of people saying that those figures were nothing to be concerned about,and that to even question them was racist.

Dante7 wrote: »
    Well, before the clarification about the figures emerged, there were plenty of people saying that those figures were nothing to be concerned about,and that to even question them was racist.

Irrelevant. That is all theoretical. Who cares? They aren't real. They are made up.

I question how detached from reality and the real world you have to be to believe them.

I saw this story ages ago and I didn't bother saying it was racist because i knew it was complete bull****.

Someone saw a black woman in a designer outfit and lost their ****. That's all this is. They spend more time online than in the real world and pulled figures out of the arsehole of a bank.

Making up figures to malign nigerians is racist though. Believing them and bringing them up as truth in the dail without proper research is also racist. Its also misleading. And those lies were meant to stir up racism.

I want to know whether LORD BAELISH deliberately set out to mislead the Dail and LIE to the Irish people.

Originally Posted by Beechwoodspark View Post
    Is this for real?

60% of Nigerians are not working?

Even though it’s full employment ?!

Again how could you believe this?

cash in hand dear cash in hand.

LORD BAELISH! :mad:

I am giving this story and this man as much respect as it deserves

He only lives up the street from me. He To be seen regularly of a Sunday morning very early always wankered cycling up the hill to his house

Fair play. He got what he deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

He only lives up the street from me. He To be seen regularly of a Sunday morning very early always wankered cycling up the hill to his house

what did he get ?

Irrelevant. That is all theoretical. Who cares? They aren't real. They are made up.

I question how detached from reality and the real world you have to be to believe them.

I saw this story ages ago and I didn't bother saying it was racist because i knew it was complete bull****.

Someone saw a black woman in a designer outfit and lost their ****. That's all this is. They spend more time online than in the real world and pulled figures out of the arsehole of a bank.

Making up figures to malign nigerians is racist though. Believing them and bringing them up as truth in the dail without proper research is also racist. Its also misleading. And those lies were meant to stir up racism.

I want to know whether LORD BAELISH deliberately set out to mislead the Dail and LIE to the Irish people.

The point is, even when the figures were outlandish, some people went to bat defending them and accused the questions as being racist.

How large does the amount of money being being repatriated have to be before we can question it, without being called racist. The figure is currently €500 million per year to Nigeria, as questioning that notional number is racist.

Numbers are not real.

Numbers are not "actual". Meaning that they cannot be qualified as existing apart from the context of objects which man senses.They are simply a way we organize our world and the way relative movement of two or more objects we observe.

They are an ABSTRACT concept which require an OBSERVER to be real. THINK ABOUT THAT. Numbers are not found in nature they are found in the minds and understanding of men. They are found in logic.

Are some figures more valuable and faithful to things that are real than others yes. But you have to discern that.

Branches of science like mathematics and logic are not about the real things they are not meant to be. They are indeed about the abstract. This is both their power and weakness.

If you give them some rules of a world which may or may not exist, they will tell you a lot of other things about that world even though it doesn't exist. The world bank gave you a set of figures based on an imaginary world.

All the rules and formulations for calculating things about this world doesn't make it real.

I can tell you one apple and another apple is two apples. I can tell you the rules for subtracting these apples. It doesn't mean I actually have 2 apples. But nothing i have told you is a lie. However if i take that info into the real world and try to use it to sell you 2 apples i dont have ..that is a lie. How you like dem apples!? :P

The point is, even when the figures were outlandish, some people went to bat defending them and accused the questions as being racist.

THE POINT IS THIS

HIS INTENT WAS MALICIOUS.

Good lord.
    what did he get ?

He got humiliated.

I honestly hope we stop giving him any attention. Media should boycott him.

He got humiliated.

Actually they all did.

From Graelish, to the sources for the figures, to the media, to the loons that think asking any questions about a non EU country is racist, and clearly don't know what the word even means, to Leo, and the other trigger happy TD's.

Graelish quoted his figures from the Irish Independent, who got them from the World Bank, who got them from the Nigerian Central Bank. Leo quoted his figures from the CSO, who it turns out, just guessed them from nothing. All of them just started ranting, and only checked the facts afterwards. What an Irish farce from start to finish.

high_king wrote: »
    Actually they all did.

From Graelish, to the sources for the figures, to the media, to the loons that think asking any questions about a non EU country is racist, and clearly don't know what the word even means, to Leo, and the other trigger happy TD's.

Graelish quoted his figures from the Irish Independent, who got them from the World Bank, who got them from the Nigerian Central Bank. Leo quoted his figures from the CSO, who it turns out, just guessed them from nothing. All of them just started ranting, and only checked the facts afterwards. What an Irish farce from start to finish.

True. But only his humiliation will be remembered. :)
    to the loons that think asking any questions about a non EU country is racist

in this case it was racist ..maybe subconsciously ..but i doubt it. I could ask questions about the climate of nigeria ..corruption in nigeria ..the history of nigeria. Plenty of non racist questions there.

I can ask questions about nigerians in Ireland. What professions do they mostly fill? How many are vegetarian? How many have speeding tickets? How many are scorpios? How many give to charity? How many commit tax fraud? How many work in the HSE? How many drive cars? How many shop in Tescos? How many shop in Lidl? How many are single vrs married? Religious beliefs? Favorite music ..where do they go on holiday?

Its the balance of your line of questioning.

what did he get ?

You need to watch game of thrones for that answer

Numbers are not real.

Numbers are not "actual". Meaning that they cannot be qualified as existing apart from the context of objects which man senses.They are simply a way we organize our world and the way relative movement of two or more objects we observe.

They are an ABSTRACT concept which require an OBSERVER to be real. THINK ABOUT THAT. Numbers are not found in nature they are found in the minds and understanding of men. They are found in logic.

Are some figures more valuable and faithful to things that are real than others yes. But you have to discern that.

Branches of science like mathematics and logic are not about the real things they are not meant to be. They are indeed about the abstract. This is both their power and weakness.

If you give them some rules of a world which may or may not exist, they will tell you a lot of other things about that world even though it doesn't exist. The world bank gave you a set of figures based on an imaginary world.

All the rules and formulations for calculating things about this world doesn't make it real.

I can tell you one apple and another apple is two apples. I can tell you the rules for subtracting these apples. It doesn't mean I actually have 2 apples. But nothing i have told you is a lie. However if i take that info into the real world and try to use it to sell you 2 apples i dont have ..that is a lie. How you like dem apples!? :P

Time to take a block here.

You are ****ing insane and haven't a notion about what you are talking about. Science and maths are anathema to you. You haven't a clue.

True. But only his humiliation will be remembered. :)

whatever floats you boat, but those interested in the facts will remember all of them.
    in this case it was racist ..maybe subconsciously ..but i doubt it.

Grealish could well be a KKK Grand Wizzard Neo Nazi white supremacist for all I know, or care . . . but the actual question wasn't. Unless you don't know the meaning of the word.

• Advertisement

Time to take a block here.

You are ****ing insane and haven't a notion about what you are talking about. Science and maths are anathema to you. You haven't a clue.

Face palm.

So much face palm. You wanna buy some apples?

We are getting a lot of interest in them from prospective buyers. There is a MASSIVE discount from pre ordering these apples. And a shortened timeline for release if you pay today. Its to do with 'dropshipping'.

By the way i am shortselling ..so i don't own said apples and they don't actually exist yet. I still haven't done anything illegal.

Replace the word apple with financial product or stocks and shares.

BAM that's banking. :)

I mean obviously these things are real and i know nothing about maths ..its why we find out they weren't real and then have a massive recession after the bubble.

That 4 bedroom house is REALLY worth 4.5 million. That is REAL. Really. Its not a value an observer put on it. Its intrinsically REAL about that house.

All the gold you see in jewellers is really gold ..its not gold mixed down with other metals ...i mean pay no attention the differences in colour between YELLOW gold bars ...and the bold in the wedding ring you paid a grand for. Its not that people were marketed gold that looked different because it was less pure and the yellow true PURE gold was portrayed as cheap so people could make more money.

That ring is really worth what you paid and if you bring it some where and they test it ...and offer you only the amount of actual real gold they can melt down at market value they are wrong. Because carats are real.

whatever floats you boat, but those interested in the facts will remember all of them.

Grealish could well be a KKK Grand Wizzard Neo Nazi white supremacist for all I know, or care . . . but the actual question wasn't. Unless you don't know the meaning of the word.
    Keep bring up those words in association with his name.

:)

It will catch on and the papers will be doing it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Bad timing or wha!

https://www.thejournal.ie/cocaine-seized-dublin-vitamin-tablets-4893885-Nov2019/
    540 grams of cocaine hidden in vitamin supplements seized in Dublin
    A 43-year-old Nigerian man was arrested by gardaí and is currently being held at Finglas Garda Station.

jay0109 wrote: »

Not really. Shrug. **** happens. Scumbags gonna scum.

You need to watch game of thrones for that answer
    Keep bring up those words in association with his name.

:)

It will catch on and the papers will be doing it too.

I prefer facts not fantasy fiction.

Face palm.

So much face palm. You wanna buy some apples?

We are getting a lot of interest in them from prospective buyers. There is a MASSIVE discount from pre ordering these apples. And a shortened timeline for release if you pay today. Its to do with 'dropshipping'.

By the way i am shortselling ..so i don't own said apples and they don't actually exist yet. I still haven't done anything illegal.

Replace the word apple with financial product or stocks and shares.

BAM that's banking. :)

I mean obviously these things are real and i know nothing about maths ..its why we find out they weren't real and then have a massive recession after the bubble.

That 4 bedroom house is REALLY worth 4.5 million. That is REAL. Really. Its not a value an observer put on it. Its intrinsically REAL about that house.

All the gold you see in jewellers is really gold ..its not gold mixed down with other metals ...i mean pay no attention the differences in colour between YELLOW gold bars ...and the bold in the wedding ring you paid a grand for. Its not that people were marketed gold that looked different because it was less pure and the yellow true PURE gold was portrayed as cheap so people could make more money.

That ring is really worth what you paid and if you bring it some where and they test it ...and offer you only the amount of actual real gold they can melt down at market value they are wrong. Because carats are real.

More nonsense. You haven't put forward a coherent debating point.

Our point is that there is perhaps an issue with a large amount of money being repatriated that is at odds with the recorded employment rates of bogus asylum seekers. Your rebuttal is - racist.

More nonsense.

You mean like the world bank figures lord baelish brought up the dail??:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

You mean like the world bank figures lord baelish brought up the dail??:pac:

Oh, ok. You have decided to use a childish slur by using a made up insult based on the person's name to try and qualify your point.

I am afraid to inform you that you are now in the adult world, and that nonsense doesn't really wash. You are dealing with the grown ups now. So, could you please answer the original question please.

• Advertisement

Oh, ok. You have decided to use a childish slur by using a made up insult based on the person's name to try and qualify your point.

I am afraid to inform you that you are now in the adult world, and that nonsense doesn't really wash. You are dealing with the grown ups now. So, could you please answer the original question please.

No. This is a diverse world. You can't control what people say. You can't control the other side of the debate sorry. It won't work.

You can't control me. You have no power over me. Or anyone else. You don't like talking to me then don't. You don't like the style i talk in then walk away.

Lord Baelish's plan has backfired on him terribly and alienated him particularly from young people.... you know the childish ones....the ones who watch programmes like the young offenders.

Advertisement