Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone fair usage limit.

• 12-11-2019 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭

What exactly is the limit on their "unlimited" fibre broadband. On their online chat facility yesterday afternoon, I was told it was 1000gb. But talking to someone on their customer care line in the evening on a separate issue, I was told it's 300gb. Anyone have a definitive answer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

OmegaGene wrote: »
    1tb as far as i know, i use 800gb a month and never have a problem
    Cheers for the quick reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

blueser wrote:
    What exactly is the limit on their "unlimited" fibre broadband. On their online chat facility yesterday afternoon, I was told it was 1000gb. But talking to someone on their customer care line in the evening on a separate issue, I was told it's 300gb. Anyone have a definitive answer?

How is your speed at evenings ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Annoyingly they took the usage meter off the web account and changed to unlimited.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭apophis32

On a recent call to Vodafone discussing this very issue, i was told that there is a FUP of 1TB, i was also told that if i went above this "CAP" there is no added charge (pinch of salt required, i think) but that my speed would be throttled, what it would drop to was not mentioned.

apophis32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

blueser wrote: »

1000GB/month for FTTH (which Vodafone calls "Gigabit Broadband" .. even when you only order 150 Mbit/s)

300GB/month for VDSL (which Vodafone calls "Vodafone Fibre Broadband). They have removed the limit from there terms and conditions and just refer to a fair use policy now.

You can find this info here: https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/fixed.html

/M

• Advertisement

I’m on fibre broadband and my contract says 1tb

As I said ... they removed the 300GB FUP term from their website a good while ago and now just refer to the FUP without telling the limit.

The reason for that is, that all customer from that point onwards just got the 1TB FUP, but old ones not.

So their customer service can get confused sometimes and depending on who you talk to, you're told either one or the other limit. That is what happens, when things are not documented properly and not clearly stated in the terms and conditions.

/M

I’ve had the 1tb fair usage for 6 years at least now

Won't deny that. But it seems unlikely, because Vodafone only upped the limits to 1TB with the advent of SIRO. And that's only around since 2016ish.

Even the plans for VDSL only got launched in 2012. So the first cabinets only surfaced late 2012/start 2013.

When did you get your connection and what speed profile are you on ?

/M

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Marlow wrote: »
    Even the plans for VDSL only got launched in 2012. So the first cabinets only surfaced late 2012/start 2013. ?

/M

It seems like VDSL has been around for a decade for yeah your right, the first ones only got switched on in 2012 and it wasn't widespread till at least late 2014. Up till then most of us were on 3 to 10 meg ADSL with only Virgin/UPC areas enjoying any sort of decent speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

How is your speed at evenings ?
    Sorry for not getting back sooner. Just ran Speedtest, I'm getting
    267mb download and 48mb upload. That's via WiFi on my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

blueser wrote: »
    Sorry for not getting back sooner. Just ran Speedtest, I'm getting
    267mb download and 48mb upload. That's via WiFi on my phone.

Ok u might have SIRO...my speeds become slow 10-15 Mbps on all devices barring youtube on my TV which would be 60-75 Mbps after 7:30 pm...its back to normal of 85-90 Mbps during the day..so looks like voda is either throttling it or some capacity issues on line...

• Advertisement
Advertisement