Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it time to say sorry to travellers and give them a few quid for past wrongs?

Options

Comments

Muslims
    travelers
    Immigrants
    Climate changers

Am I missing anyone?

Moaners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

statesaver wrote: »
    Racist ?????? How can white people be racist to other white people. FFS

You dont get it.
    Travellers play by the rule when and if they suit them.
    They call out "Racism" and "minority group". They know everything about their civil rights and nothing about their civil responsibilities.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Moaners

The majority of those ranting against minorities constantly on boards might object to being called moaners :)

You dont get it.
    Travellers play by the rule when and if they suit them.
    They call out "Racism" and "minority group". They know everything about their civil rights and nothing about their civil responsibilities.

Agree.
    Racism is a dumb and flawed word.
    There is only one race. The human race.
    We’re all the effin same species.

Some just think they’re somehow superior and there are some beneath them.
    Read the thread back if in doubt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

Racist ?????? How can white people be racist to other white people. FFS

Glad you'll never be a senator now you racist.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Agree.

I feel a John Lennon song coming on

I feel a John Lennon song coming on

God no. Imagine the royalties we’d have to pay

Agree.

Some just think they’re somehow superior and there are some beneath them.
    Read the thread back if in doubt.

Easily known they arent living with an asses roar of your home or family.

Easily known they arent living with an asses roar of your home or family.

You’ve no idea where I live (D7 if you must know) and surrounded in an area full of all walks of life from the feral violent gangs of kids running the streets wrecking cars and anything they can lay their hands on (all Irish. From de flats) to the Muslims Africans Chinese and polish going quietly about their business. And special shout out to the traveler lads up on the o devaney gardens site where they keep their horses and let my dog say hello when we go by.

Going by your archaic rural terminology you live absolutely nowhere near any of these. Or anyone by the looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Pmacv1

You’ve no idea where I live (D7 if you must know) and surrounded in an area full of all walks of life from the feral violent gangs of kids running the streets wrecking cars and anything they can lay their hands on (all Irish. From de flats) to the Muslims Africans Chinese and polish going quietly about their business. And special shout out to the traveler lads up on the o devaney gardens site where they keep their horses and let my dog say hello when we go by.

Going by your archaic rural terminology you live absolutely nowhere near any of these. Or anyone by the looks.

It's nice that they let your dog say hello before they beat the horse to death during a sulky race.

• Advertisement

Damn right I live in the country, however we have had the odd jack russell and sheep dog go missing. Had a couple of traveller teenagers climb through our garage window "just havin' a look". our neighbours had a few trailer taken away under mysterious circumstances and we had to ask a few caravan dwellers to get off the land with a tractor and front loader in the background. Travellers arent completely confined to Dublin. There are far worse areas in Ireland to live but lets say we have been proactive in preventing crime in our area.

Pmacv1 wrote: »
    It's nice that they let your dog say hello before they beat the horse to death during a sulky race.

Before the dog fight but after the bare knuckle fight. Isnt culture wonder when it is share?

Jaysis lads you’ll be afraid of the draft twitching your curtains next

You deserve what you get and what you will put up with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

:rolleyes:

You deserve what you get and what you will put up with.

Marauding hoardes of muslims and travelers and a few trans coming to burn your house down.
    Yeehaw

Maybe they won’t though. And you’re being spooked by shadows and falling for nonsense in the **** media you consume

Marauding hoardes of muslims and travelers and a few trans coming to burn your house down.
    Yeehaw

We dont mess around with stuff in our area.
    We dont take messing from Phil Hogan:
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/travellers-faced-threats-before-home-set-on-fire-26840694.html

We dont mess around with stuff in our area.
    We dont take messing from Phil Hogan:
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/travellers-faced-threats-before-home-set-on-fire-26840694.html

So you’re saying you threaten settler traveller families? Are you implicating yourself with that particular attack?
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It's hilarious that a group who pay no tax and live off the state even though many of them are richer than working folk now want even more.

If this was talked about 50 years ago when they really did have nothing they might have had a point to make but not in 2019.

So you’re saying you threaten settler traveller families? Are you implicating yourself with that particular attack?
    Why?

I am saying there was a family who were creating trouble in the area. Political pressure was put on local politicians by Phil Hogan to rehouse them. It did not go to plan. I was somewhere else that night and I have nothing to offer on if someone did something about it of if it was an accidental fire. This is clearly an unsafe area for members of the travelling community. Clearly the community did not tolerate it.

• Advertisement

That’s kinda quaint. In a weird way.

That’s kinda quaint. In a weird way.
    I think Kilkenny county council housed a nice "appropriate" family in the house there after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

It's hilarious that a group who pay no tax and live off the state even though many of them are richer than working folk now want even more.

You can hardly blame them if every woke liberal and media whore under the sun is lining up to worship them.

The opposite of woke is asleep..

Never understood people airlifting stupid American terms like this and social justice warrior into our vernacular

The yanks aren’t the brightest. And the ones that use those terms are really the bottom of the barrel intellectually speaking

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭johnsparkexile

I think Kilkenny county council housed a nice "appropriate" family in the house there after.

The family who were to receive the house before the fire, eventually received it.

high_king wrote: »
    You can hardly blame them if every woke liberal and media whore under the sun is lining up to worship them.

You should come to University, they are practically deities on campus. Struggling with basic literacy and they are conferring PhDs on them for Social Science.

The family who were to receive the house before the fire, eventually received it.

But not where intended, initially.

But not where intended, initially.

If we're talking about the same house in south Kilkenny, it went on fire before they were due to move in, it was repaired by the council and the family then moved in and are still living there. The father died last year but the sons are still living there.

If we're talking about the same house in south Kilkenny, it went on fire before they were due to move in, it was repaired by the council and the family then moved in and are still living there. The father died last year but the sons are still living there.

I should keep up with home more often.

• Advertisement

I pass it everyday. What would p*** you off is that every couple of months a load of beds and old three piece suites would appear in their garden and be burnt. That stopped but now the council supplies a skip and that's filled with them.

Used to pick up the father when he was thumbing a lift into town, nice man to talk too, mate of mine had a relative in the same ward as him when he was in hospital, said he entertained everyone. Sons have been in trouble with the guards since they moved in, and since the father died more of the relations are around. Had words with some of them a couple of weeks ago when they were hunting on a neighbours land.

Advertisement