Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would love some advice - Nissan Juke vs Suziki Vitara vs Dacia Duster

• 13-11-2019 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

need some help here from the experts on boards.ie!

have to upgrade ... driving an old 08 diesel zafira and it has served me very well ... but don't need the space/seats anymore or the high road tax ... have it narrowed down to these 3 ...
    1. Nissan Duke
    2. Suzuki Vitara
    3. Dacia Duster

* I need the SUV crossover higher driver seats for ease of getting in and out and better driving visibility
    * Average weekly mileage min 500km on all types of roads incl motorway - have ruled out a hybrid due to distances and charging time factor.
    * Need some reasonable interior space as I have to work out of the car a lot of the time, mobile office.
    * Not into all the bells and whistles like reversing cameras, etc - just need something practical, economical and reliable .. with a radio
    * ease and cost of getting spare parts as required
    * I tend to drive a car until its last legs so don't plan on upgrading whatever I buy anytime soon.
    * would need to fit a family of 4 (2 big lads in back seat?) on occasion ... plus dog
    * And Petrol or diesel?? emissions matter to me but not enough that I would go for a hybrid, definitely not EV

Will probably buy in NI Jan 2020 as there are definitely savings to be made plus you tend to get a better spec of car.

thanks in advance ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Nissan Juke is quite small on the inside, the Vitara would probably be the biggest of those 3 with the Duster somewhere in between. The Duster is quite basic even a "high" spec one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’d rule the Juke out in terms of visibility and size.

I’d go for the Duster in your case. It’s hard to beat from a cost point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I work out of my vehicle too.

Have you test driven the Duster, will you be buying it new ??

The MK1 I test drive was disappointing on many fronts but in particular the seats were poor, unsupportive, short base and poor adjustments. This has apparently been addressed in the MK2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I was gonna say if your doing 500 km a week then good seating is seriously important,

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

I bought a Dacia Duster Prestige (highest spec) in 2018 , it’s a 171 car.
    I love it , good space , large boot , reversing camera and sensors .
    Interior wise it’s basic although the Prestige has touch pad controls for sat nav, radio and media . It’s certainly all I need in a car, but more basic than my previous Megane. I love the height , ease of getting in and out but it’s not a monster SUV. I’ve driven from Dublin to Donegal and found seats very comfortable. Very economical too (diesel).
    Since 2019 Dacia have changed the model slightly so you have a newer look if you’re buying brand new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,036 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

If I was buying new then I'd go for the Duster. About 23k for a top spec petrol which is a pretty nice engine also come with the newer dci engine. They are really reliable but if your going girl the older model, they has an issue with the ignition sticking when you turn the key and causing the starter to go

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

thanks for all replies .. I spotted the Nissan Jazz on the road yesterday and thought it looked nice. And compact.

I'd intended to buy a 2 or 3 year old car - due to depreciation factor - but if I can get a new Duster for price of an older Vitara, I'd consider that .. although probably still not brand new one.

I'd also looked at the Skoda Yeti, I like that functional look.

Optimal choice would be a VW crossover but out of my budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

holly8 wrote: »
    I'd also looked at the Skoda Yeti, I like that functional look.

If you're holding out till January we'll be trading in a 2016 Yeti 1.2T with 35k kms and fsh. It's perfect.

Advertisement