Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mi Mix 2s Global vs Global Rom

• 13-11-2019 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hey there I have a global one, bought a Global Rom one for wife by accident, thought it was the same. Its a chinese version, flashed with Global Rom.

I have heard this makes phone more vulnerable and there are some bands that are missing. Wondering will it work fine? is it worth the hassle swapping it out and going to the effort to get the global one?

See attached image for Bands comparison...

Thanks for any pointers...
    Alan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I had the phone, it will work fine for all Irish networks. We use 800, 900, 1800, 2100 and some 2600 MHz.

https://signalsolution.novatel.ie/irish-operators-and-frequencies

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Alancillhill

Hi Adverts... but if you look for example 1800 is missing on 3G for example...

Hi Adverts... but if you look for example 1800 is missing on 3G for example...
    It's there mate, see the right hand side under B3.

Ah sorry, the left is the Chinese version flashed and right is the global version, I have the chinese version with less bands.

Ok updated version of that image attached showing bands. Think Chinese version will be fine bar that one frequency. So going to stick with it for less hassle. !

• Advertisement

What network provider are you with? I wouldn't worry as most of the Irish providers use the below (none use 1800 for 3G) - full list here:

2G - 900/1800 Mhz
    3G - 900/2100 Mhz
    4G - 800/1800 Mhz

With Virgin, seems fine - downloaded an app to detect bands and they are covered. It's just one of those things, Murphy's law and all that, think I'm happy anyway, it's all good.

With Virgin, seems fine - downloaded an app to detect bands and they are covered. It's just one of those things, Murphy's law and all that, think I'm happy anyway, it's all good.
    Great, Virgin is Three so its 900/2100Mhz for 3G, 800/1800Mhz for 4G - all good!

Advertisement