Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrade 6unit parlour to 10unit Acrs

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dairy1982

We've been onto the esb the last year or so, it's been complicated enough. Paid for upgrade start of December, they say to allow 12 weeks hard to see that tbh. The electrician is experienced so may trust hel work it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

dairy1982 wrote: »
    We've been onto the esb the last year or so, it's been complicated enough. Paid for upgrade start of December, they say to allow 12 weeks hard to see that tbh. The electrician is experienced so may trust hel work it out.

I paid beginning of December 2018to get a line moved. It was april 1st 2019 when they did the work. That was without covid
    . I quoted the 12 weeks and they said that meant nothing

whelan2 wrote: »
    I paid beginning of December 2018to get a line moved. It was april 1st 2019 when they did the work. That was without covid
    . I quoted the 12 weeks and they said that meant nothing

Yeah expecting it to be longer than 12 weeks

Can't get anybody to add 4 units to bring my parlor to 10. Grant in place and de laval only interested in fitting robots and new parlors. Only choice here is de laval or dairymaster.

A local lad here put 5 on a 10 unit a few years back. will suss him out to see what sort of hardship was had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

dairy1982 wrote: »
    A local lad here put 5 on a 10 unit a few years back. will suss him out to see what sort of hardship was had.

Nearly halfway to a new parlour, might need a new vacuum pump.
    Will need a new, bigger milk line and probably the same with vacuum and wash lines.
    Plus the extra units and feeders ( if you use feeders).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Hope you're not in a hurry for ESB upgrade.
    We paid €4444 to them 20 nonths ago to increase fron 16 to 29kva.They put up new poles and traffo and ran cables to the meter box. After numerous calls they informed me recently that the cert submitted was out of date despite the fact it was sent straight to them ages ago. I had to get my sparks to submit a new cert so still waiting. I don't want to insult anyone but the ESB from top to bottom are the most useless shower going!!!
    I've posted a similar thyme here in the past,don't think it went down well with some,anyway I'm sure they've good people working on the ground for them .it's the managers i would be leveling my criticism at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Waiting for three phase to go in here. Some of the polls went up yesterday and they have to give 3 weeks notice for when the power is switched out to put in the new cables. I'm hoping to put in the cable into the parlor and all in one go. Looking like it'll be the end of February by the time it'll be done.

Esb landed today, job done in fairness 7 weeks after paying for the upgrade. Glad its sorted. Also was talking to lad who added 3 units to a 12 unit, new lines & milk pump & a few bits. He got Peake dairy services to do it said it wasnt much of an ordeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭Markcheese

ruwithme wrote: »
    I've posted a similar thyme here in the past,don't think it went down well with some,anyway I'm sure they've good people working on the ground for them .it's the managers i would be leveling my criticism at.

I had similar a while back .. couldn't talk to anyone local had to talk to a guy in fermoy , but he wouldn't answer his phone because he was "going " on holidays , then on holidays for 3 weeks , then wouldn't answer his phone for a fortnite cos he was busy cos he'd been on holidays , my mam was talking to a friend of hers who used to be in esb.. who was shocked at carry on...
    Local Esb crew arrived next morning ,job done and checked in 10 mins and gone .. they were probably out of their yard 30 mins , ( first they'd heard of the job was that morning )

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
Advertisement