Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Vision on your Licence

• 13-11-2019 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭

Question...
    I had a meeting with my Super and filled in the FCA2 as he requested regarding applying for night vision and returned it to him.
    He rang me back and confirmed he had granted it ..and was subject just to one specific rifle.
    Today I recieved a replacement firearm cert in the post for the rifle in question, I already had a s on it for a moderator...Which is still on it...however there is no other indication on the yellow pop out cert or on the rest of the cert mentioning the NV ...any ideas ?? Anyone else been granted use ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭Kran

Question...
    I had a meeting with my Super and filled in the FCA2 as he requested regarding applying for night vision and returned it to him.
    He rang me back and confirmed he had granted it ..and was subject just to one specific rifle.
    Today I recieved a replacement firearm cert in the post for the rifle in question, I already had a s on it for a moderator...Which is still on it...however there is no other indication on the yellow pop out cert or on the rest of the cert mentioning the NV ...any ideas ?? Anyone else been granted use ?

Yep was granted one last year. I asked for it for all my rifles as I have a unit that attaches to a scope rather than a scope itself. Nothing on any of my licenses and I was told it would just be noted on my file on the pulse system. No idea if it is or isn’t but who am I to doubt them so I just bought one and worked away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I've spoken to two others with the authorisation and their licenses have no identifying marks on at, as per the "S" for the suppressor.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Ziggieire

the same way mine was processed, filled out an fca2 for 3 rifles.
    granted on 3 and new licences sent out the same.
    but it is noted on the pulse system for the firearms requested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Question...

yes got my one granted last week,got a letter from the super confirming it,the FO phoned me,she said that it is on the pulse system subject to one specific rifle as stated on the letter I received,nothing goes on the licence just recorded on the pulse system

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BuckDan

Question...

Nothing extra is added to licences , its only amended and attached to your pulse

• Advertisement
Advertisement