Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurbished iPhone

• 13-11-2019 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

All my recent phones have been Android (Galaxy, Sony, Moto, Sony). Thinking about going over to the dark side and going iPhone :D . New iPhone would be way too expensive so I'm thinking refurbished. Is a refurbished 6s worth €150-€200 ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

cal60 wrote: »
    All my recent phones have been Android (Galaxy, Sony, Moto, Sony). Thinking about going over to the dark side and going iPhone :D . New iPhone would be way too expensive so I'm thinking refurbished. Is a refurbished 6s worth €150-€200 ?

Grade A iPhone 6 on pigsback for €100 last week.
    I got one for my father in law.

So I think €200 for a 6s may be a bit too much.

Personally I’d try aim for a 7 at least for iOS support etc
    In my case he just wanted a bigger screen from the iPhone 4 without much outlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Limerick_dude

€200 for a 6s being a bit much would depend on if its 16GB or 32GB - the 6 only came in 16GB. In saying that I wouldn't pay €200 fro either.

If you go for the 7 be aware of the Audio IC issue which is common. Just get something that covers at least 6 -12 months warranty.

Have a look on www,pricepy.ie to get some indication on what the going rate is - should be about €249 - €299 for a 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭iniall

If you go for the 7 be aware of the Audio IC issue which is common.

What's the audio IC issue?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The iPhone 7 touch ID is much improved over the 6S.
    Big usability difference.

Had one for over 2 years super phone.

iniall wrote: »
    What's the audio IC issue?

https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/05/03/iphone-7-loop-disease-audio-chip-issue-targeted-in-class-action-complaint

Happened to my phone thats how I knew about it basically the audio chip detatches from the board €120 to repair :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭iniall

https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/05/03/iphone-7-loop-disease-audio-chip-issue-targeted-in-class-action-complaint

Happened to my phone thats how I knew about it basically the audio chip detatches from the board €120 to repair :mad:

Wow never even heard of that one. Had an iPhone 7 for two years and had zero issues with it. :p

iniall wrote: »
    Wow never even heard of that one. Had an iPhone 7 for two years and had zero issues with it. :p

it's more common in badly refurbished phones as it's done cheap (and doesn't last) to get them out the door from what I've read. if the OP is going for the 7 just get it from somewhere with good reviews and 12 months warranty and should be well covered then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭chewed

can anyone recommend a decent place to get a refurbished iPhone 7 in Dublin City?

Advertisement