Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming charge without warning

Options
  • 13-11-2019 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

I was away and just heard I got a phone bill for almost €280, it's usually between €60 & €70. Seems I spent €175 on data. I never use or used online gaming/netflix etc - either at home or abroad.

I received no warning from Three and they tell me I should be checking the my3 app - which I must say I've never used. I've been with them since they were 02 20 plus years ago and must say I'm very disappointed. Surely a courtesy text once I exceed the 8GB limit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Sadly, Three left Boards a year or so ago. There were hundreds of threads about them overcharging on roaming, and it was always the customers fault :(

You could try raising your case with them on twitter or facebook. If you create enough of a stink, they might reduce it......but it will always be your fault.

Take a look through https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1367 this to see all the complaints (and quite a few happy resolutions). Their presence here is missed as they were far better to deal with here than any other way.

Advertisement