Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleach and urine mixed together..

• 13-11-2019 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I left my cousin to mind my car for a few days and reminded him to let him out twice a day which he failed to do. I have now returned to apartment tonight to find the stench of stale urine under my bed. I apply some bleach on it to try and Mask the smell but little did I realize that Ammonia and bleach creates Chlorine gas. There is no other real space for me to sleep in the apartment apart from my small room. I have opened the windows as well. So will I be safe enough if I sleep the night with the windows opened well??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

Meant to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

It was a cat, wasn't it....took me a while

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Paddy223 wrote: »
    I left my cousin to mind my car for a few days and reminded him to let him out twice a day which he failed to do. I have now returned to apartment tonight to find the stench of stale urine under my bed. I apply some bleach on it to try and Mask the smell but little did I realize that Ammonia and bleach creates Chlorine gas. There is no other real space for me to sleep in the apartment apart from my small room. I have opened the windows as well. So will I be safe enough if I sleep the night with the windows opened well??

Not going to tell you what to do OP. But, did you notice any irritation after applying the bleach?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Leave the windows open, dry out the carpet, close the window and go to sleep.

Advertisement