Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two times

• 14-11-2019 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

So 2 players go all in

Q Q vs A K unsuited

Guy with QQ asks for run 2 times

I am not sure what the story of 2 times is but surely Q Q Is at a major disadvantage with 2 x or did I miss something?

Comments

Ronin247 wrote: »
    So 2 players go all in

Q Q vs A K unsuited

Guy with QQ asks for run 2 times

I am not sure what the story of 2 times is but surely Q Q Is at a major disadvantage with 2 x or did I miss something?

This is in a cash game? Not sure of the exact odds of this hand but it is roughly 50 50.. The more times you run the hand the closer you will get to this result. So running the hand twice limits variance in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

This is in a cash game? Not sure of the exact odds of this hand but it is roughly 50 50.. The more times you run the hand the closer you will get to this result. So running the hand twice limits variance in the game.
    . Guy with the queens who asked for 2 times would only have 2 outs q or q whereas the guy with A K has 6 outs with 3 aces and 3 kings. Surely Q guy is putting himself at a massive disadvantage??
    It was a game that I was watching on YouTube last night.

I don't know the odds either. Guy with the queens who asked for 2 times would only have 2 outs q or q whereas the guy with A K has 6 outs with 3 aces and 3 kings. Surely Q guy is putting himself at a massive disadvantage??
    I will rewatch the video (YouTube) and check the odds.

I looked it up. It's 53 47. Your looking at the outs wrong. The guy with the QQ doesn't have to hit any of the other queens to win the hand. He is already winning.

I looked it up. It's 53 47. Your looking at the outs wrong. The guy with the QQ doesn't have to hit any of the other queens to win the hand. He is already winning.

I called them outs.... what I meant was cards that would improve his hand. He is already winning so calling for 2 times would only help his opponent, wouldn't it? This is why I am wondering is there another reason. Odds showing on screen were 56- 43 but there was at least one king mucked so maybe they take that into consideration.

Possibly insurance because chip stacks were 600g v 1.2million. Maybe his odds of breaking even are improved, but cannot understand it.

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I called them outs.... what I meant was cards that would improve his hand. He is already winning so calling for 2 times would only help his opponent, wouldn't it? This is why I am wondering is there another reason. Odds showing on screen were 56- 43 but there was at least one king mucked so maybe they take that into consideration.

Possibly insurance because chip stacks were 600g v 1.2million. Maybe his odds of breaking even are improved, but cannot understand it.

Thanks for the help.

Running it twice doesn’t affect his equity, it doesn’t hurt or help him, just reduces variance.

This is the case for any run it twice situation.

• Advertisement

3DataModem wrote: »
    Running it twice doesn’t affect his equity, it doesn’t hurt or help him, just reduces variance.

This is the case for any run it twice situation.

If you are 56-43 then surely because he has a 3-1 chance of his card coming up as opposed to yours, and running it twice would be of more benefit to him than you. You have the hand won, so to speak.
    I realise I know feck all about it and normally I can follow the logic of odds and equity but this has me baffled. I guess I need to study more before I head off to Vegas 💰💰💰

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

He is mitigating his risk.
    He is already winning so calling for 2 times would only help his opponent,
    He is decreasing variance not increasing it. Mitigating his chances of walking away with nothing. Perhaps maybe sacrificing his chances of walking away with it all for that. Gives you an insight into his mindset though.

You are correct ....the hands are not too much diff from each other

But qq is winning as in he doesn't have to hit a card

BUT if ak DOES hit something ....running it twice gives qq a chance maybe to split the pot ...(MITIGATING HIS RISK)

Perhaps ak wanted to mitigate his risk too.

So he is ....well ....in an ideal world ....increasing his chances of taking back what he put in plus whatever hands folded put in ...or winning it all. He is decreasing his chances of losing it all.

But then fate could just swoop in a take it all ..you think qq will fall but it goes ...joker.. pink tiddlywink ..and crunchy nut cornflakes. And everyone just said that could never happen ....and you are all fools!

Advertisement