Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't use internet banking anymore unless you have a smart phone?

• 14-11-2019 10:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭

I logged into AIB internet banking tonight. I was blocked by a notification telling me I've to set up SCA and add extra security features. But for some strange reason I need to have an app in order to pair my number. You guessed it my iPhone 5 won't let me download any AIB app as I don't have iOS 10 or later. I can't pair number

Using the card reader is the other option for adding SCA. I actually have a card reader, but the card reader keeps displaying "card not responding" at the moment.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

So can you use the card reader, but it's currently faulty, or card readers are no longer supported?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,295 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

No you don't need the app or card reader but you need to call them to set up text verification. I've the same problem my phone is rooted so AIB won't allow me to use the app.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭Biodegradable

MarkR wrote: »
    So can you use the card reader, but it's currently faulty, or card readers are no longer supported?
    It's funny because I used the card reader a few months ago to transfer money, and it worked fine.

No you don't need the app or card reader but you need to call them to set up text verification. I've the same problem my phone is rooted so AIB won't allow me to use the app.
    What does rooted mean?

What does rooted mean?

Just means you can use apps Google doesn't want you to, I use YouTube in the car, Google won't allow YouTube
    work with android auto. That's just one example.

• Advertisement

Just means you can use apps Google doesn't want you to, I use YouTube in the car, Google won't allow YouTube
    Another one of a billion unexpected problems you get with smartphones I suppose?

you need to call them to set up text verification.
    Just did that there. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If you use YouTube in the car you should be off the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

You can only use one app on one phone, so my wife and myself used to share access to AIB internet backing. Just get yourself set up separately and no issues then. You can also access the AIB online (i.e. laptop) using the "limited access" option - just about checks the balance and limited recent transaction, but not much else.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

listermint wrote: »

I use youtube in the car. I start up a pod cast, dock it in my mount, and it plays through the car stereo. No different than listening to the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭listermint

MarkR wrote: »
    I use youtube in the car. I start up a pod cast, dock it in my mount, and it plays through the car stereo. No different than listening to the radio.

Odd when there's a variety of podcast apps on the market that someone would choose to play them in YouTube ....it's not exactly the format for it.

As I said.

Should be off the road. Danger to themselves and others. This is why I see so much rear ends on the M50 daily

listermint wrote: »

Speak for yourself there were not all made of sugar.

Speak for yourself there were not all made of sugar.
    Speak for yourself there! We're not all made of sugar.

Advertisement