Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A true joint credit card in Ireland

• 14-11-2019 11:32am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone aware of a credit card both cardholders can view the account online ?

Have a BOI card but my other half can only be an additional cardholder and as such she can't view activity online (only I can).

Joint cards (like a joint current account) are available abroad but are not so much here or is there an option?

Comments

Is anyone aware of a credit card both cardholders can view the account online ?

Have a BOI card but my other half can only be an additional cardholder and as such she can't view activity online (only I can).

Joint cards (like a joint current account) are available abroad but are not so much here or is there an option?

Just give her your log in so she can view activity also?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

They also have civil law, while Ireland has common law, it's not just about the cards, it about the legal status as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Just give her your log in so she can view activity also?

Not ideal and in 2019 don't understand why this is the workaround....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Jim2007 wrote: »
    They also have civil law, while Ireland has common law, it's not just about the cards, it about the legal status as well.

If you can have a joint current account and/or a mortgage with both parties being joint and severely liable with joint access, why not a credit card, what is the difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

AIB. Will allow the other person to add the account to their own accounts. They just can’t download the statement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

My husband and I always used one password and pin to view our credit card bill. Once when he was checking something else with the bank he told them we both use the same log in details and they told him he needed his own and so he now also has his own log in details. He still uses the old log in details and never bothers about his own. As long as it is a trustful relationship there is absolutely no problem.

Advertisement