Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I find it very hard to feel sorry for you":Piers Morgan challenges Michalla McCollum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

She trained as a Beauty Therapist in the Peruvian Prison, explains the makeover. She was in a very cushy prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

She's right about spreading awareness...don't get involved in drugs kids or you could end up having to share the same oxygen as Piers Morgan!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

She's no Howard Marks.
    But don't see what the fuss is about either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Forgive me for not keeping up or maybe not getting out enough,but why all the hate for Piers Morgan ?

Tabloid spewing, holier-than-thou ****ehawk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Piers Morgan is no Ivan Yates or Matt Cooper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

why is she keeping herself in the public eye?

$$$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Also look at the state of her lips. Does she not realize how stupid and fake she looks? Dyeing her hair is fair enough I suppose but why, she doesn't look anything like the same person who went to jail. She's supposed to be mature, not someone trying to get by on their looks. What a dumb cow.

I have no time for drug dealers and she deserved every minute of her prison sentence.

However, this paragraph in your OP is completely unnecessary, is horribly misogynist and leaves you only slightly above her level as a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

All i remember of the 2 of them is the other one had awful big tits

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Pmacv1

I’d rather watch my mother in a sex tape than that ugly ****.

PM me, I can send you the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

ricero wrote: »
    Fair play to Piers he ****ing shot her down and buried her good

Not very likeable, but he is brilliant at his job.

Totally wasted on breakfast TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

All i remember of the 2 of them is the other one had awful big tits
    awful or awfully big?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

ricero wrote: »
    Fair play to Piers he ****ing shot her down and buried her good

Actually as a neutral who doesn't like either of them, she played him well.
    You could see she got the female presenters on side towards the end.
    Piers was the one that botched it, and I doubt he'd last 5 mins in a south american prison.
    She'll be a millionaire before 30.

She trained as a Beauty Therapist in the Peruvian Prison, explains the makeover. She was in a very cushy prison.

Actually she was in two of the worst prisions in Peru, and went from “bullied white girl” to “top dog” in her prison block.
    She says: “I became quite an entrepreneur. I used money from my family to open a business. I would buy products in and bought a massage table, hair straighteners, rollers and a hairdryer.

“I would charge 25 Peruvian Sol (about £5) for a blow dry, 120 for highlights, 15 for nails, 20 for a cut and was soon making £200-a-week."

Before too long she was employing a Spanish girl to do most of the work, while she was voted general coordinator and started running the wing.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/drugs-mule-michaella-mccollum-peru-8672949

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Both full of sht.

Her for the 'i want to spread awareness' shyte. Pull the other one.

Him for the 'oooh im the big bad conservative' act.

I believe that those probably are morgans opinions, but hes full of shyte because his whole role is to act the gammon regardless of the issue. The whole format is as genuine as jeremy kyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

high_king wrote: »
    Actually she was in two of the worst prisions in Peru, and went from “bullied white girl” to “top dog” in her prison block.
    She says: “I became quite an entrepreneur. I used money from my family to open a business. I would buy products in and bought a massage table, hair straighteners, rollers and a hairdryer.

“I would charge 25 Peruvian Sol (about £5) for a blow dry, 120 for highlights, 15 for nails, 20 for a cut and was soon making £200-a-week."

Before too long she was employing a Spanish girl to do most of the work, while she was voted general coordinator and started running the wing.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...m-peru-8672949

What you've quoted doesn't exactly help your case that she didn't have a cushy time in prison. She was top dog and earning over £200 a week. She also admits that another girl was doing most of the work, are we supposed to be impressed by that? She was the kingpin... using her powers to help everyone give me a break. I wonder if Melissa could be coaxed into spilling the beans of what Michaela was really like behind bars, that's the one thing I'd like to hear from her about.

I160820_130052_1729796oTextTRMRMMGLPICT000097558591o.jpg

Totally not a holiday camp at all guys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

jay0109 wrote: »
    Piers Morgan is no Ivan Yates or Matt Cooper!

Another two gowls that cosied up to this scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

gifted wrote: »
    She'll be presenting some dopey show on RTE within 12 months.....

She’ll have to oust Ryan Tubridy first.

What you've quoted doesn't exactly help your case that she didn't have a cushy time in prison. She was top dog and earning over £200 a week. She also admits that another girl was doing most of the work, are we supposed to be impressed by that? She was the kingpin... using her powers to help everyone give me a break. I wonder if Melissa could be coaxed into spilling the beans of what Michaela was really like behind bars, that's the one thing I'd like to hear from her about.

I160820_130052_1729796oTextTRMRMMGLPICT000097558591o.jpg

Totally not a holiday camp at all guys!!!

It's not my case, I don't like her any more than I like Peirs Morgan, but it was fascinating watching her play him skillfully . . .like a tune . . . and win the women presenters over by the end . . and he fell right into it.

The photos are after she became wing boss, not before, and a foreigner making a local do their work in jail while you sit back and cream the profit only means she's a lot more capable of surviving in any situation than Peirs Morgan would be . . he wouldn't last 5 mins in a Peru jail.

Interesting what you left out though :
    “The beds were concrete shelves. And although there were no cockroaches, it was so hot and mosquitos buzzed around us all night. The food was crawling with maggots and the water was brown. The cell was crammed with eight of us. We had no toilet, just an overflowing hole in the floor. There was no toilet paper, no soap, no dignity.”

But she claims the most serious threat came from a married prison psychologist.

She says: “He once told me we could live happily ever after. He tried to propose. Once I rejected him he sent letters to the court saying I was the head of a drug mafia. He told me I would never see the light of day.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

awful or awfully big?

Yea

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

But why all the hate for Piers Morgan ?

He hacked a dead child's phone, for a start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

What ever happened the other one?

Kept the head down, id say michaela conned her into it promosing easy money, they dont talk to each ither anymore anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

high_king wrote: »
    It's not my case, I don't like her any more than I like Peirs Morgan, but it was fascinating watching her play him skillfully . . .like a tune . . . and win the women presenters over by the end . . and he fell right into it.

The photos are after she became wing boss, not before, and a foreigner making a local do their work in jail while you sit back and cream the profit only means she's a lot more capable of surviving in any situation than Peirs Morgan would be . . he wouldn't last 5 mins in a Peru jail.

Interesting what you left out though :

She played nothing. Did you watch the same clip as the rest of us??

Win the women presenters over?? Never heard of the good cop, bad cop interview routine??

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

bit rich from someone who hacked a dead girl's voicemail, I know who i would rather see make a few quid between the two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

I know this is probably irrelevant but what's the difference in perception to someone like Michalla and someone like Howard Marks, who seems lauded by so many people and who made a shedload of money cashing in on his criminal escapades

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Nermal

Boggles wrote: »
    True, what is that prick Morgan pulling out of ITV a year?

Scandalous.

Money willingly paid by advertisers, rather than extorted by force from licence payers. Look to your own house first?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

topper75 wrote: »
    She has fluent Spanish I'd say - why doesn't she go straight with a call centre? :-)

She has in her hole fluent Spanish. It's too full of drugs to get any in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    bit rich from someone who hacked a dead girl's voicemail, I know who i would rather see make a few quid between the two of them.

How anyone let her in to a studio with Piers Morgan and didn't prepare her for what was obviously going to happen with him.

If she had being coached to forcefully turn it back on him and counter and badger him to answer was he ever taken in for questioning to a police station,can he explicitly deny ever publishing materiel from hacked phones,has he ever published fake photos of hero soldiers abroad abusing POWs?

She could have been a national hero now.

Not standing up for her and have more respect for the Scottish girl who has put her head down and got on with her life,this one just seems to be still chasing the very lifestyle that didn't work out for her on her failed drug run.

Morgan at least asked some of the questions our useless media just didn't bother with or was it a question of some questions were off the table for the Irish media but if she wanted the big exposure with the British media she had to go in open to everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Piers said 'I used to work in the media'...used to? What is he doing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

I have no sympathy for her at all..But i would have more time for her then piers morgan he is a real nasty piece of work .

• Advertisement

She played nothing. Did you watch the same clip as the rest of us??

Win the women presenters over?? Never heard of the good cop, bad cop interview routine??

Oh indeed I did, looks like you watched but didn't see.
    and good cop / bad cop doesn't start out with the women being bad cops and won over as good at the end, lol.
    She played him for the clown he is. She's not any better than him, but unlike him it seems, she's no fool.

Advertisement